onlydafuture
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I am taking Edexcel Maths, AQA English, AQA Combined Science, AQA History, OCR Sport, AQA Spanish, BTEC Business. How would I get the highest grade in each? How much work? How to revise?
apolaroidofus
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I find the best thing to do are practice papers! I really struggle with English so I do practice essays and get my teacher to mark them for me, and this really helps
f15es1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
AQA English lit- Make mnemonics of all of the key quotes you want to learn per character or theme which makes it easy and concise to learn. I used this method for the Shakespeare, 19th century novel and the play. If you're doing An Inspector Calls I can link you to a really helpful grade 9 analysis website. For the poems I learnt two or more quotes from the topics of imagery, sound devices and structure for each poem and structured my essay in that way. Also learn historical context points for each poem.
AQA English lang- Just read the mark scheme look at example answers and practise and get your teacher to mark it. For the creative writing and transactional writing maybe have a list of punctuation you want to use at the top before you start and as a general thing I like to try and include a semi colon in my first paragraph just so that an examiner can see it straight away.
AQA History- mainly learn exam technique so just reviewing what the mark scheme want for you to get top marks and check out the examiners report to see where people went wrong in previous years but answering what the question wants is sooo important in history as it's so specific and if you don't even if it's a good answer you will lose a lot of marks. To learn content I recommend the seneca history courses. They don't have courses for all topics but they are so good for learning facts.
OCR Sport- I didn't do OCR I did edexcel but revision and learning wise I guess they're similar. Learn the key words like evaluate wants you to give advantages and disadvantages etc and the seneca course is quite good. I don't know how it is for OCR but with edexcel there's really not that much content so it's just knowing that and exam technique.
nightloc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Post it notes on ur wall of a timeline for each topic in history with key dates and info on (this works over the long term if u read them at least once a day). Flashcards with key equations on and test yourself at least once a day. Do short summarised notes (only a page or two) for each topic/chapter. Mind maps for each theme/character for English with key quotes and words. Quizlet helps to remember the key vocabulary for Spanish if u do it regularly. Practice questions for maths.
ToryLanez
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
English AQA- youtube videos! My fav is englishwithsim (which someone recommended on here) and I've been recommending her to everyone cause she's rly underrated but goes into PROPER detail. Grade 9 analysis!!
m4thninj4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
For maths there is nothing better than past papers. Do one or two a week, then check your answers and keep practising the ones you got wrong. I did this and got grade 9 last year.
onlydafuture
Rep:
?
(Original post by f15es1)
AQA English lit- Make mnemonics of all of the key quotes you want to learn per character or theme which makes it easy and concise to learn. I used this method for the Shakespeare, 19th century novel and the play. If you're doing An Inspector Calls I can link you to a really helpful grade 9 analysis website. For the poems I learnt two or more quotes from the topics of imagery, sound devices and structure for each poem and structured my essay in that way. Also learn historical context points for each poem.
AQA English lang- Just read the mark scheme look at example answers and practise and get your teacher to mark it. For the creative writing and transactional writing maybe have a list of punctuation you want to use at the top before you start and as a general thing I like to try and include a semi colon in my first paragraph just so that an examiner can see it straight away.
AQA History- mainly learn exam technique so just reviewing what the mark scheme want for you to get top marks and check out the examiners report to see where people went wrong in previous years but answering what the question wants is sooo important in history as it's so specific and if you don't even if it's a good answer you will lose a lot of marks. To learn content I recommend the seneca history courses. They don't have courses for all topics but they are so good for learning facts.
OCR Sport- I didn't do OCR I did edexcel but revision and learning wise I guess they're similar. Learn the key words like evaluate wants you to give advantages and disadvantages etc and the seneca course is quite good. I don't know how it is for OCR but with edexcel there's really not that much content so it's just knowing that and exam technique.
can I have the inspector calls website? For OCR sport I have done the first exam and got A star distinction, in that question I was on about the practical side and what you have to do in officiating and practical games. Anyways, thank toy for the response
onlydafuture
Rep:
?
(Original post by m4thninj4)
For maths there is nothing better than past papers. Do one or two a week, then check your answers and keep practising the ones you got wrong. I did this and got grade 9 last year.
(Original post by ToryLanez)
English AQA- youtube videos! My fav is englishwithsim (which someone recommended on here) and I've been recommending her to everyone cause she's rly underrated but goes into PROPER detail. Grade 9 analysis!!
(Original post by nightloc)
Post it notes on ur wall of a timeline for each topic in history with key dates and info on (this works over the long term if u read them at least once a day). Flashcards with key equations on and test yourself at least once a day. Do short summarised notes (only a page or two) for each topic/chapter. Mind maps for each theme/character for English with key quotes and words. Quizlet helps to remember the key vocabulary for Spanish if u do it regularly. Practice questions for maths.
Thank you all for the tips
f15es1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by onlydafuture)
can I have the inspector calls website? For OCR sport I have done the first exam and got A star distinction, in that question I was on about the practical side and what you have to do in officiating and practical games. Anyways, thank toy for the response
I've sent you a message about An Inspector Calls. I can't really say much about sport cos I'm having a bit of a nightmare with it as our school was supposed to have a filming day for our sports but then the schools all closed and I couldn't even go to a sports centre to try and film as they were all shut so I can't help sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (393)
56.55%
I don't have everything I need (302)
43.45%

Watched Threads