The Student Room Group

Changes to GCSE 2021

Anyone know of any changes or planned changes to next year? What will be different?
Nope not yet, they are focusing on 2020 exams at the moment as they are the ones being affected the most. Grade boundaries will be lower, that’s all i know for 2021
Goodluck to both of us!
Reply 2
Original post by loonarmy
Nope not yet, they are focusing on 2020 exams at the moment as they are the ones being affected the most. Grade boundaries will be lower, that’s all i know for 2021
Goodluck to both of us!

Wow I didn't know this? Are the grade boundaries going to be lower because we've had to self-teach a lot of content? (For me we'd already finished our courses for AS)
Reply 3
Original post by ayumie
Wow I didn't know this? Are the grade boundaries going to be lower because we've had to self-teach a lot of content? (For me we'd already finished our courses for AS)

It's only a guess, nothing official. Grade boundaries change every year to take into account a host of factors. It seems reasonable that attainment next Summer will be lower owing to all the lost teaching time and so the grade boundaries will be lower to take this into account.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
It's only a guess, nothing official. Grade boundaries change every year to take into account a host of factors. It seems reasonable that attainment next Summer will be lower owing to all the lost teaching time and so the grade boundaries will be lower to take this into account.

I guess that’s pretty good then! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest