Rabbit010
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have been accepted to do a Pgce in September but due to the COVID situation, I have to do the English equivalency test during the course, not before I start.

Does this mean that if I don't get the required B grade, I will get kicked off the course? Or does it mean that I'll have to resit at a later date to receive the QTS status?
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rabbit010)
I have been accepted to do a Pgce in September but due to the COVID situation, I have to do the English equivalency test during the course, not before I start.

Does this mean that if I don't get the required B grade, I will get kicked off the course? Or does it mean that I'll have to resit at a later date to receive the QTS status?
Hi there,

If they've offered you the place on the course and you do the test during it, it's highly unlikely they'll kick you off if you don't get the grade the first time around. Having started the course, they'll have made an investment in you and won't want that to go to waste, so it would be in their interest to let you resit rather than them losing someone from their course. However, if you are still concerned and want a clearer answer, you'd be best off speaking to Get Into Teaching as they know all about the ins and outs of PGCEs.

Hope that helps, Mark
PositiveNihilist
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

Hi,

I am due to start my PGCE in September too, subject to an English and Maths equivalency test. My course provider has not yet mentioned if they will be carrying out the equivalency testing this summer. When did your course provider make you aware? If you don't mind me asking which provider/university are you going through?
SZRRN
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi
if anyone sat foe english equivalency test with ET then please kindly share the writing and poem section. i am very nervous and need your help.
thanks
SZRRN
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Hi there,

If they've offered you the place on the course and you do the test during it, it's highly unlikely they'll kick you off if you don't get the grade the first time around. Having started the course, they'll have made an investment in you and won't want that to go to waste, so it would be in their interest to let you resit rather than them losing someone from their course. However, if you are still concerned and want a clearer answer, you'd be best off speaking to Get Into Teaching as they know all about the ins and outs of PGCEs.

Hope that helps, Mark

hi same situation with me, my university provider said the same thing,i have to do English equivalency test with ET before the enrollment otherwise they will not enroll me. if you have done your exam in July 2020 please kindly share the writing and poem section.it would be a great help.
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (84)
14.46%
I'm not sure (26)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (182)
31.33%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.07%
I'm not a current university student (277)
47.68%

Watched Threads