Backpack or tote bag for uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
What do you think for accounting and finance student. About 25 min walk from home to uni. Im not sure how many books i will need to take on a daily basis? Deffo nothing compared to law students.

Thanks x
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What do you think for accounting and finance student. About 25 min walk from home to uni. Im not sure how many books i will need to take on a daily basis? Deffo nothing compared to law students.

Thanks x
Id go with the backpack, capable of holding a laptop, charger, a few pukka pads, your jacket, and a packed lunch all at the same time.

I often like to stop at the supermarket and stuff when walking back from uni just to save time, which means a nice big (and strong) bad with shoulder padding helps.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use this, it works well.
Anonymous #1
Yes ! Those are all positive things too! Actually when it rains as well probably its easier to have hands free and manage an umbrella better. And most totes bags dont have zippers ... hmmmm desicions !! Thank you for your answer xx
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I’d go with a back pack. You need a decent sized one like mnot said. It needs to fit laptop, notebook, maybe a text book or two (which are massive and weigh and absolute ton). Water bottle, coffee flask, sandwich box, purse, pencil case.
I have a massive laptop backpack with iPad storage part, you can get really stylish ones off amazon. You’ll destroy your shoulder within a week with a tote bag, trust me.
stereotypeasian
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
backpack
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I had this back pack until my coffee flask exploded inside it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lekesky-Ruc...op+back&sr=8-3
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
I had this back pack until my coffee flask exploded inside it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lekesky-Ruc...op+back&sr=8-3
Hahaha omg that made me laugh the way you said that 🤣🤣🤣 xx i hope that doesnt happen to me.. xx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
I’d go with a back pack. You need a decent sized one like mnot said. It needs to fit laptop, notebook, maybe a text book or two (which are massive and weigh and absolute ton). Water bottle, coffee flask, sandwich box, purse, pencil case.
I have a massive laptop backpack with iPad storage part, you can get really stylish ones off amazon. You’ll destroy your shoulder within a week with a tote bag, trust me.
Yeahh true !! Tote bag will dig on my shoulders 😫😫😫 i cant find a backpack that i like, i dont have an ipad or a laptop even, need to secure that first.. lol
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
if you’re planning on carrying heavy items, then deffo not a tote bag - your shoulder will hurt. As for text books, you don’t typically take them to lectures unless you are planning on going to library after class. I used both in my first year - a cheap backpack then I changed to a cheap tote back when i wasn’t carrying a lot around with me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
if you’re planning on carrying heavy items, then deffo not a tote bag - your shoulder will hurt. As for text books, you don’t typically take them to lectures unless you are planning on going to library after class. I used both in my first year - a cheap backpack then I changed to a cheap tote back when i wasn’t carrying a lot around with me
Okay thats a good idea ! Maybe have both ! Xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (560)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed