The Student Room Group

UAL CCW (Foundation) VS Goldsmiths BA(Hons)

Heyy!
I have been accepted to both unis- CCW for their foundation course (diagnostic mode) and goldsmiths for their BA(Hons) Product design course. I’m torn between these two offers and don’t know what to do. It’s be great if some of you could share your opinions.
Original post by Anonymous
Heyy!
I have been accepted to both unis- CCW for their foundation course (diagnostic mode) and goldsmiths for their BA(Hons) Product design course. I’m torn between these two offers and don’t know what to do. It’s be great if some of you could share your opinions.

Congratulations on both of your offers! The foundation is a very competitive course to get a place on to so very well done :smile: The diagnostic is a great opportunity to try things that you may not have thought of before. I did one myself thinking I wanted to be an architect, and came out with a bigger passion for film making and sculpture - I think it really provides you an opportunity to grow as a creative thinker and practitioner. And the great thing is that this courses provides guaranteed progression at UAL onto what are usually incredibly competitive courses to get on to.

My advice is think about what your goals are, what you want to get out of the course, and look more at the course content for our university and Goldsmiths. If you have any questions about the CCW Foundation please feel free to ask! :smile:

All the best!
Mike
Student Recruitment Officer
Original post by Anonymous
Heyy!

Hi there! Congratulations on your offers to both courses, as they are both very competitive!

As far as making your decision, it's important to consider what you're looking for in a course and what career goals you have. Our BA Design courses is a full 3 year bachelor's degree programme that is specific to the field of Design, whereas a foundation course would typically be a more general one year programme and many students will then choose to apply for a 3 year Bachelor's degree afterwards. I'd recommend having a look through each course's modules, as well as attending (virtual) events with each college so that you can ask your specific questions to the academics.

Throughout the BA Design at Goldsmiths you'll have access to studio space and industry-standard workshops, with the latest in laser cutting and 3D modelling technology. Additionally, in your second year you’ll have the chance to do an industry placement, which is really useful for preparing for a career after you graduate. In the past, students have had placements with companies like Selfridges and Alexander McQueen. If you'd like to learn more about how our programme is structured, I'd highly encourage you to have a look through the modules here.

We also have an upcoming virtual Applicant Day on Friday 22 May where you can meet the department, learn more about the programme, and ask any questions that you may have about studying Design at Goldsmiths. You can register to attend here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message. I'm always happy to help :smile:

-Miranda

Quick Reply

Latest