The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trapking
There is only one God and Jesus is the son of God...I hate to say it but Islam is of evil.

Islam is evil because Muslims believe in one God, and Jesus is considered as a prophet?
Reply 81
Original post by ayyyy.x
Islam is evil because Muslims believe in one God, and Jesus is considered as a prophet?

Hatred lies in their hearts.
Hatred lies in their hearts.

Can't the same be said about Christians aswell? I don't mean for all Christians
Original post by ayyyy.x
Can't the same be said about Christians aswell?

Yes definitely
Reply 84
Original post by Caea
I’m a Christian but I’m REALLY struggling at the moment. I’m reading so many corona conspiracies and I personally don’t believe them but then I feel guilty for not believe them because people are saying it’s the end times and I don’t think it is but then I worry what if I’m wrong and god is trying to show me it is and I’m in denial ??
I’m not sleeping or able to do anything other than stay in bed at the moment I’m so worried about it all and to be quite honest it’s really driving me away from my faith
What is everyone’s thoughts on this

i think people have been saying we're in the end times for the last 2000 years and i bet they were saying it throughout the 1300's bubonic plague, i.e. the most fatal pandemic recorded in history, and yet we're still here. i think you should not worry my friend; chances are we'll get through this.
Reply 85
Original post by ayyyy.x
Can't the same be said about Christians aswell? I don't mean for all Christians

Ofc for those who don't believe in him.
Ofc for those who don't believe in him.

Here's a final question. Do you hate religions who don't share the same views and/or beliefs as your own? I mean in a way shouldn't all religions be respected rather than finding ways to heavily contradict them?
Reply 87
Original post by ayyyy.x
Here's a final question. Do you hate religions who don't share the same views and/or beliefs as your own? I mean in a way shouldn't all religions be respected rather than finding ways to heavily contradict them?

I don't hate the people who follow other beliefs at all but I understand why they follow them.

Those that hear the truth will hear it those that don't won't.
Reply 88
Original post by ayyyy.x

Islam is not evil. Being Christian is about loving others, and saying that another's beliefs are evil is not okay.
I don't hate the people who follow other beliefs at all but I understand why they follow them.

Those that hear the truth will hear it those that don't won't.

That makes sense. Thank you for the honesty!
Reply 90
Original post by ayyyy.x
That makes sense. Thank you for the honesty!

you're welcome!
(especially atheists as I have noticed they can get quite abusive sometimes)

Tell me about how I'm going to be tortured for all eternity again .. so polite.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Islam is not evil. Being Christian is about loving others, and saying that another's beliefs are evil is not okay.

That's why I asked that question. It just seems weird calling another religion evil when your own religion has the notion of loving others for who they are (which I assume also means if they don't share the same beliefs).
Original post by RogerOxon

I wouldn't. Last time I made valid points against trapking he just said I'm influenced by evil spirits. Watch out for that killer line.
Original post by Joleee
i think people have been saying we're in the end times for the last 2000 years and i bet they were saying it throughout the 1300's bubonic plague, i.e. the most fatal pandemic recorded in history, and yet we're still here. i think you should not worry my friend; chances are we'll get through this.

I think what worries me now is technology is becoming so advanced that it’s actually conceivable for the mark of the beast to be implemented etc
Reply 95
Original post by RogerOxon

Ah my good friend :laugh:

How was your day?
Reply 96
Original post by ayyyy.x
That's why I asked that question. It just seems weird calling another religion evil when your own religion has the notion of loving others for who they are (which I assume also means if they don't share the same beliefs).

Ah, sorry I misread. I thought you were calling them evil.
I agree. Christianity is about loving everyone. Many churches have turned that though, which I do not agree with. It gives other Christians a bad rap.
Ah, sorry I misread. I thought you were calling them evil.
I agree. Christianity is about loving everyone. Many churches have turned that though, which I do not agree with. It gives other Christians a bad rap.

I'm a Muslim myself, but I like to understand other religions and their beliefs. No point being biased about just because I don't agree in what they believe in (if that makes sense). Christianity is interesting because it's quite similar to Islam. But thank you for clarifying the previous post.
Reply 98
Original post by ayyyy.x
I'm a Muslim myself, but I like to understand other religions and their beliefs. No point being biased about just because I don't agree in what they believe in (if that makes sense). Christianity is interesting because it's quite similar to Islam. But thank you for clarifying the previous post.

Yes, I understand and I agree. Many people are very small minded and do not though, which I think is a shame.
It is very similar, and many people do not see that.
Yes, I understand and I agree. Many people are very small minded and do not though, which I think is a shame.
It is very similar, and many people do not see that.

Exactly! That's why some of the comments on this thread confused me. It is what it is. You can't really criticise how someone thinks or what they believe in. I'd say just respect all religions.

Latest

Trending

Trending