Sweetiepie101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Since a history degree can lead to investment banking can this be possible with a politic degree
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You can go into investment banking with a degree in underwater basket weaving if a) it's from a target uni and b) you have applicable work experience and can relate that in a relevant and compelling way through your application/interview.

So the answer is yes.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sweetiepie101)
Since a history degree can lead to investment banking can this be possible with a politic degree
You can apply with basically any degree, but due to the nature of the job I think analytical/finance degrees lend more overlapping skills but that doesn't mean other students aren't great applicants.
Sweetiepie101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
At UCL there are like 2-3 modules based on political economy & trading etc. Also a quantitative module. Will this help?
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sweetiepie101)
At UCL there are like 2-3 modules based on political economy & trading etc. Also a quantitative module. Will this help?
Tbh it won't make a difference, and UCL is a target university anyway, so you're fine. The level of maths in IBanking is pretty low - it's mostly advanced excel usage (using other peoples formulae a lot of the time) and arguing about what fonts to use in the powerpoint presentation you're making with the other analysts for your boss to put their name on later...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (92)
13.9%
I'm not sure (31)
4.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (213)
32.18%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.11%
I'm not a current university student (312)
47.13%

Watched Threads