The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

open university

To whoever is reading this id really like your help if possible?! im currently studying at the open university doing a111 discovering the arts and humanities and i was under the impression that this course was only based around psychology and philosophy and this module is heavily based around history and i don't really understand where it fits into the overall course of philosophical and psychological studies and im not enjoying it in the slightest as i want to work in the field of psychology and have a strong interest in philosophy and now i don't know what to do as im scared im on the wrong course but its passed the point of changing now im sure as i started in february
Contact Student Support - they're really helpful.

It's probably too late to switch now - but you could defer to start a fresh in October. You'll be charged some of the module fee as its started but will probably get a percentage back to put towards a module you want.

Will be a pain but worth it in the long run!

Best of luck.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by georgiajoanna
To whoever is reading this id really like your help if possible?! im currently studying at the open university doing a111 discovering the arts and humanities and i was under the impression that this course was only based around psychology and philosophy and this module is heavily based around history and i don't really understand where it fits into the overall course of philosophical and psychological studies and im not enjoying it in the slightest as i want to work in the field of psychology and have a strong interest in philosophy and now i don't know what to do as im scared im on the wrong course but its passed the point of changing now im sure as i started in february

If you want to work in psychology, you will need to do one of their BPS accredited psychology degrees. You will need that accreditation if you want to progress in the field of psychology.

Contact student support, they will be able to help!

Quick Reply

Latest