The Student Room Group

Product design and manufacture at Nottingham

Ok so I was interested in the product design and manufacture course at Nottingham but the thing is, it says that maths was a required subject. I don’t take maths at a level but I do core maths. Will that be enough or do they neeeed a level maths?
You have to contact the uni if they will be lenient enough to let you but it depends on the course and it will be unlikely it will be enough. However, it's worth asking. If not, maybe look at BA instead of BSc because those dont require maths a level
Hey :hello:
I'm not at Nottingham but i study product design. Petite panda is absolutely correct, BA courses tend to not require maths.
If maths alevel isnt something you want to do you need to consider if a course with a heavy maths component is for you , it could be that you are more suited to a more creative courses. There are also courses for BSC that dont require maths and have less of a maths emphasis in the course, it varies by the uni. Often the more theoretical courses that lean more towards engineering have a bigger maths component:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by soontobetall
Ok so I was interested in the product design and manufacture course at Nottingham but the thing is, it says that maths was a required subject. I don’t take maths at a level but I do core maths. Will that be enough or do they neeeed a level

You could always apply to study a foundation year? I took a level maths but didnt receive the grade required so they offered me a place on the foundation year course. Its called engineering and physics sciences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending