?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
How do I revise for English exams?
charleeholland
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
for english lit which i did at a level: i did flashcards and mind maps for quotes, themes, characters and context then past papers are so so so important!! even if you know the content your style of writing is important too. seneca learning i also found good for english. hope this helps x
ayumie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
English Lit was my best subject at GCSE, and I sucked before the exam. I find writing out plan essays with really unique points helpful. The examiners don't want to find your content boring, so sticking to CGP or Textbook analysis will bring your grade down as this is what everyone's using and so everyone's answers will look similar.

By developing your own points, you're already on the way. In summary: Learn quotes via Quizlet, I did it by typing out the start of the quote and then the answer being the whole quote. Then, make essay plans/mindmaps, it's up to you but with your own points. I spoke about some weird stuff in my 2019 paper, for Romeo and Juliet it was about Love, and I wrote about sex and religion for most of it. Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads