The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

manchester met or goldsmiths!!!

Help!! i have offers from goldsmiths uni of london and Man met for international relations. I see that man met is higher in ranking, but it is a met, would this lower my chances of finding a job? Id rather live in manchester than london, as i am from brighton and want to explore a new place in the country, and have previously lived in london. I love mmu but will it set me back?
Reply 1
Original post by unihelppls
Help!! i have offers from goldsmiths uni of london and Man met for international relations. I see that man met is higher in ranking, but it is a met, would this lower my chances of finding a job? Id rather live in manchester than london, as i am from brighton and want to explore a new place in the country, and have previously lived in london. I love mmu but will it set me back?

i'm definitely speaking from bias as i'm from manchester, but i think MMU is a great option, especially as you already have some preference for it! it's very similar to london in many ways, but it's a lot cheaper and arguably a bit friendlier. and i don't think the fact that it's a metropolitan uni will set you back at all, there are a large amount of very successful graduates and alumni!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
thank you for your reply!! yes i agree, it seems like a friendly place to be. I also think that it'll be a more laid back environment to study
thank uuuu!
Reply 3
thank you for your reply!! yes i agree, it seems like a friendly place to be. I also think that it'll be a more laid back environment to study
thank uuuu!

i'm also starting at MMU this year so if you ever need a chat i'm here x

Hi @unihelppls :hello:,

Glad to read you're considering studying at Manchester Met :biggrin:. I am not sure whether you have had the chance to attend our undergraduate Open Day in 2019, however we will shortly be running more undergraduate Online Open Days in June. It is a good opportunity to get to hear more about the course you'd like to study, as well as chatting to both the academic staff and current students for some Q&As.

You can register your virtual attendance here :thumbsup:.

I hope this helps a little. If you have any other questions, just give us a shout :yy:.

Cheers,

Luca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending