The Student Room Group

best uni for graphic design?

i was lucky enough to get accepted into all my UCAS unis and now i have a tough time choosing which uni to go to.

I have applied for graphic design at the following universities:

Nottingham Trent
University of the Creative Arts (UCA)
Ravensbourne
Kingston

I am hearing mixed reviews about universities and i really don't know how to choose. i am truly conflicted and do not know the way forward. please choose
Original post by beyrock13
i was lucky enough to get accepted into all my UCAS unis and now i have a tough time choosing which uni to go to.

I have applied for graphic design at the following universities:

Nottingham Trent
University of the Creative Arts (UCA)
Ravensbourne
Kingston

I am hearing mixed reviews about universities and i really don't know how to choose. i am truly conflicted and do not know the way forward. please choose

From my knowledge and the people I worked with back in art foundation who were applying for graphics, most applied to Kingston. I know that Kingston has a good Architecture and general arts background. Nottingham Trent is another good one, I've seen the work there and is very impressive.
UCA isn't bad at all, but imo Trent and Kingson edge it. Ravensbourne, through third parties I haven't heard anything good.

I am only passing on my knowledge and experience, which will be different from others. I recommend you do your research, specifically focus on what the students produce (look for exhibitions or graduate shows) and whatever piques your interest the most, is most likely the best one for you.

Hope that helps!

PS If money is also a factor, look into the rent costs around each uni. Kingston is very expensive.

Quick Reply

Latest