The Student Room Group

Coronavirus has ruined my school life

I normally work really hard. I do tons of revision outside school everyday. Recentley I haven't even been able to finish all my work set. I don't know why, I haven't been procrastinating on youtube AND I have been sticking to my school timetable pretty rigidly. The teachers just seem to ALL be setting 3x the work than normal. I am in year 9 and I feel like this will just ruin school for me, forever. I have always dreamed about leaving year 9 with a full board of As- I was pretty close to that target, too but now I am getting Cs in most of the assessments I get returned. What can I do to save my grade?
Original post by Anonymous
I normally work really hard. I do tons of revision outside school everyday. Recentley I haven't even been able to finish all my work set. I don't know why, I haven't been procrastinating on youtube AND I have been sticking to my school timetable pretty rigidly. The teachers just seem to ALL be setting 3x the work than normal. I am in year 9 and I feel like this will just ruin school for me, forever. I have always dreamed about leaving year 9 with a full board of As- I was pretty close to that target, too but now I am getting Cs in most of the assessments I get returned. What can I do to save my grade?

I'm not really sure, the only suggestion I could make would be to take this up with the appropriate person in school e.g. your head of year.
You are in Year 9. I promise you now that year 9 means nothing. The grades they are giving you are probably false, there is no way you're getting As in GCSE level work in year 9. Honestly, I wouldn't worry in the slightest.
You have to start working hard in year 10, but year 11 is the only year that actually defines your GCSE grades. I didn't start listening in lessons until Year 11 and I still got all 8s and 9s.
You will be fine. Do some work of course, but if you can't then don't worry seeing as you've not even starting the GCSE course yet, and even if you have, you have three entire years to do it.
Are you sure you're expected to do every single piece of work that's being set?

I have a couple of friends who are teachers, and they're both giving students a lot of extra work to make sure they don't run out, so I think it's possibly more to keep you occupied than demanding that you complete every single piece of it. Chat to your teachers to double check this theory .. it will help a lot if I'm right!

Quick Reply

Latest