LuLu67
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi there. I have a question about Maintenance Loan for graduates- I will be studying for my second BSc (Medicine) and obviously i will not be getting any Tuition Fees help. For the Maintenance Loan application, I want to apply as an Independent student (will be 25 years old this year); I understand this will be income-based assessed - I am currently working full time; however, when I will start studying I will obviously not be working; will SF take this into consideration when assessing my application? What is the criteria for receiving the full available amount?

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by LuLu67)
Hi there. I have a question about Maintenance Loan for graduates- I will be studying for my second BSc (Medicine) and obviously i will not be getting any Tuition Fees help. For the Maintenance Loan application, I want to apply as an Independent student (will be 25 years old this year); I understand this will be income-based assessed - I am currently working full time; however, when I will start studying I will obviously not be working; will SF take this into consideration when assessing my application? What is the criteria for receiving the full available amount?

Thank you
Hi LuLu, will this be graduate entry medicine?
Thanks, Isaac.
LuLu67
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi LuLu, will this be graduate entry medicine?
Thanks, Isaac.
Hi Issac. No, it will be the 5 years course. Also, I am not sure what's the criteria for being classified a UK home student. I am originally from the EU, but have been in the UK for 5 years, doing a BSc, an MSc and working for almost 2 years. I also have settled status. Will this mean I can apply for the maintenance loan as a UK student? Thank you
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi Issac. No, it will be the 5 years course. Also, I am not sure what's the criteria for being classified a UK home student. I am originally from the EU, but have been in the UK for 5 years, doing a BSc, an MSc and working for almost 2 years. I also have settled status. Will this mean I can apply for the maintenance loan as a UK student? Thank you
If it's undergraduate medicine then you won't be entitled to a Tuition Fee Loan as you already have an Equivalent Level Qualification.

To apply as a home student you need to have been residing in the UK since the 01/09/2015. To apply for the higher rate of Maintenance Loan you need to provide your parents financial details or meet the independent student criteria listed here http://ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5
Thanks, Isaac
LuLu67
Rep:
?
If it's undergraduate medicine then you won't be entitled to a Tuition Fee Loan as you already have an Equivalent Level Qualification.

To apply as a home student you need to have been residing in the UK since the 01/09/2015. To apply for the higher rate of Maintenance Loan you need to provide your parents financial details or meet the independent student criteria listed here http://ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you, this is very useful! I have another question if you don't mind. I did some research online and I have seen that in some places the criteria for being qualified as a UK student is to reside in the UK for a certain amount of years, but if you were enrolled in full-time education during these years, they do not count. Is that true?..I could not find any reliable, clear information online. Thank you!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thank you, this is very useful! I have another question if you don't mind. I did some research online and I have seen that in some places the criteria for being qualified as a UK student is to reside in the UK for a certain amount of years, but if you were enrolled in full-time education during these years, they do not count. Is that true?..I could not find any reliable, clear information online. Thank you!
Hi Lulu, I've only seen this to be true when a student arrived to the UK to study and was in boarding school for the residency period. So to answer your query I would say yes it could be deemed true depending on the situation. Our residency team would need to review the case.

For the 20/21 academic year you need to have resided in the UK since the 01/09/2015.
Thanks, Isaac.
LuLu67
Rep:
?
Hi Lulu, I've only seen this to be true when a student arrived to the UK to study and was in boarding school for the residency period. So to answer your query I would say yes it could be deemed true depending on the situation. Our residency team would need to review the case.

For the 20/21 academic year you need to have resided in the UK since the 01/09/2015.
Thanks, Isaac.
Hi Isaac, thank you, this is useful to know. I meet the residency length criteria, and I have only been in the UK to study and work, so I think this also meets the criteria. Thank you for your help!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi Isaac, thank you, this is useful to know. I meet the residency length criteria, and I have only been in the UK to study and work, so I think this also meets the criteria. Thank you for your help!
Yes I think you should be ok

I hope you enjoy the bank holiday weekend and hopefully there is lots of sun to enjoy
LuLu67
Rep:
?
Yes I think you should be ok

I hope you enjoy the bank holiday weekend and hopefully there is lots of sun to enjoy
Thank you for your help, enjoy your weekend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (80)
26.85%
No - I have already returned home (36)
12.08%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
20.13%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.4%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise