Studentboy1333
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,

Im in year 12 and with the year coming to an end I see the corona virus epidemic has me (and probably many others) at a disadvantage as I've not been able to complete work experience and our schools process of starting an EPQ has been halted with no further support online about EPQ work. When we do eventually go back do you think we'd be able to start and finish the EPQ in suitable time and also get neccessary extracurriculars done before applying whilst also sitting the LNAT and catching up on missed A-Level work? If any Year 12s could tell me what their schools have been doing to support them unlike mine it'd be interesting

Sorry, I'm just worried as I feel this epidemic has come at a terrible time for year 12s who want to apply to the most competitive Unis with strong applications they were just about to start working towards

Any replies would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

P.S is this the right forum?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Don't worry about work experience for law since it's an academic subject so it's not needed and unis understand that not many can be able to get some so you definitely won't be disadvantaged. Your EPQ is meant to be an independent activity so don't worry about missing out - you can just email them if you have any questions. For my school, we were just given the things we need to do like forms and we just need to contact them of any questions and verification of topic and title then we are going to give our first draft when we come back and that's when we will get supervisor support. You can use this time to do some work for EPQ and maybe contact the school and ask what you could do for it during this time. There aren't any necessary extracurriculars for law so you'll be fine. You can catch up on missed work in your time. For the LNAT, remember the dates of registration and when you need to do it by, especially for Oxford (if you want to apply). My schools have been giving us work through one drive and emailing us any important events or things we need to know. I can tag someone if you want it moved to the law course forum but this is an appropriate forum.
Studentboy1333
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thank you very much PetitePanda your help is greatly appreciated , I hope us year 12s don't unfairly struggle as a result of this but ur words did bring a lot of sense to my queries , cheers
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Studentboy1333)
Thank you very much PetitePanda your help is greatly appreciated , I hope us year 12s don't unfairly struggle as a result of this but ur words did bring a lot of sense to my queries , cheers
We dont know what will happen to us as of rn but we got to make the best of our time we have rn. I suggest looking at this thread if you want to speak to fellow yr 12s: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6405128 If you have any other questions, feel free to ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (277)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (214)
43.58%

Watched Threads