The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Help! want to go to NTU but didn’t put it as a choice

Heya, wasn’t sure where or who to ask about this issue as unis are closed at the moment and need some advice . I applied to study criminology and law for 2021 ( put as a deferred applicant ) at various uni’s, Nottingham Trent however wasn’t one of them. I originally didn’t see that NTU offered my course at all as it’s called law and criminology on their website, rather then criminology and law (I know they are slight different courses) so completely ruled it out as I didn’t think it had my course ( I was upset as I liked the uni very much ). I now have had offers back from my current uni choices, however I’m not happy with them and would really like to study at NTU but it’s too late to change my choices, So I need some advice! As I’m already deferring, on results day if I get the grades I need to get into NTU to do my course, do I reject my current offers and re apply next year hoping they let me in (if I have the grades and a strong personal statement I hope they would), or do I try go through clearing? ( I’m not sure if they let you clear if your doing a deferred choice though). Or maybe even adjustment as I’ve been told this is an option but not sure. I’m facing a huge dilemma which I am to blame for as I should of researched more into Trent when originally applying to uni, but I’m here now and just need some help! Sorry this is long, I’m very stressed about it all. Thank you.
Trent isn't that hard to get into. I'm just graduating from Uni of Nottingham. That would be much more difficult to sneak into, especially for law.

Reapplying there shouldn't be a massive risk, as you'll be early in the cycle and considered a safe bet for an offer. If that's your dream uni it's definitely achievable.
(edited 3 years ago)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
You could try applying through clearing in August. It would be a gamble as I think you have to reject your current offers to apply through clearing so if NTU doesn't have any spaces left you might have to wait until the next year to apply.
Reply 3
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Trent isn't that hard to get into. I'm just graduating from Uni of Nottingham. That would be much more difficult to sneak into, especially for law.

Reapplying there shouldn't be a massive risk, as you'll be early in the cycle and considered a safe bet for an offer. If that's your dream uni it's definitely achievable.

Yeah that is true, I’m just worried with all the covid-19 stuff going on that people who applied to study this year may all choose to defer their place to next year because of uncertainty with uni, which in tern will reduce the spaces they give out next year. Thank you for the advice though, panicking atm haha
Reply 4
Original post by lollypop_
You could try applying through clearing in August. It would be a gamble as I think you have to reject your current offers to apply through clearing so if NTU doesn't have any spaces left you might have to wait until the next year to apply.

Yeah that’s the thing, I have offers from oxford brooks and uwe Bristol which are my firm and insurance choices currently, and if I want to be released into clearing I have to turn them down which is risky, I also don’t know if all uni’s accept deffered places via clearing as I’ve heard it’s for spaces that year. It’s all a huge mess tbh but thank you !
I had the same issue but I just called up the admissions department which are still open, asked if I had the grades required and if I’d be accepted which they said was fine and then applied through UCAS extra and got a place on the course. I’d give them a ring if I were you
Reply 6
Original post by Tanya Jaigirdar
I had the same issue but I just called up the admissions department which are still open, asked if I had the grades required and if I’d be accepted which they said was fine and then applied through UCAS extra and got a place on the course. I’d give them a ring if I were you

Oh perfect thank you! Did u ring up Nottingham Trent or was it another uni? Also are u deferring or going to uni in September? I’ll give them a ring and see what they say. I’m not sure how ucas extra works, do you turn down your current offers and add on NTU or? I thought extra was for people who got no offers and so could apply for another uni? Also, you said you got a place on the course, was this an unconditional? As I don’t have my results yet as I’m year 13 so awaiting them. Sorry for all the questions! Thank you x
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by daisyypagex
Oh perfect thank you! Did u ring up Nottingham Trent or was it another uni? Also are u deferring or going to uni in September? I’ll give them a ring and see what they say. I’m not sure how ucas extra works, do you turn down your current offers and add on NTU or? I thought extra was for people who got no offers and so could apply for another uni? Also, you said you got a place on the course, was this an unconditional? As I don’t have my results yet as I’m year 13 so awaiting them. Sorry for all the questions! Thank you x

Yeah I rang Nottingham Trent and I’m going this September hopefully for UCAS extra I had to decline all my offers and apply to NTU after, an option comes up to apply once you decline. I got an unconditional after a few weeks due to the coronavirus but if you call up the admissions team they are really helpful so I’m sure they’ll be able to help you, maybe just off of your predicted grades? Hope this helps and sorry for the late response!
Hey, it is great to hear that you want to come to NTU :smile: You did the right thing by ringing admission, I hope you found it helpful? I have replied back to your direct message @daisyypagex , if you have any other questions please let me know :smile: Thanks, Ellie
Reply 9
Original post by Tanya Jaigirdar
Yeah I rang Nottingham Trent and I’m going this September hopefully for UCAS extra I had to decline all my offers and apply to NTU after, an option comes up to apply once you decline. I got an unconditional after a few weeks due to the coronavirus but if you call up the admissions team they are really helpful so I’m sure they’ll be able to help you, maybe just off of your predicted grades? Hope this helps and sorry for the late response!

Okay thank you so much for your help! Good luck for September too! X
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hey, it is great to hear that you want to come to NTU :smile: You did the right thing by ringing admission, I hope you found it helpful? I have replied back to your direct message @daisyypagex , if you have any other questions please let me know :smile: Thanks, Ellie

Hi Ellie, thank you for your reply ! I’ve replied back to your message you sent me privately just asking one more question. Thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending