The Student Room Group

I can only apply to TWO vet schools. Is it even worth it?

Long story short: My 'parents' decided to 'homeschool' me my entire life and did not let me sit standardized tests. Now I'm 23 with NO GCSEs and NO A-Levels.

I'm doing an Access to Higher Education diploma course, and so far I'm meeting the requirements. I'm sitting the Maths and English GCSEs later this year since they were canceled because of COVID.

University of Nottingham and Bristol are the only universities that will accept an Access Course with just two GCSEs (Maths and English). I feel so worried that I won't get into either, and unlike other applicants, I can't apply to four or five vet schools.

What should I do? Apply this year to just the two schools that I'll meet the requirements for? Or, take this year to sit additional GCSEs and some A-Levels and then try again next year when I can apply to additional universities?
(edited 3 years ago)
What do you want to study? I mean if you can get in with the access course then just do that! Although some job applications ask for A level grades, but there is more than one route to get to Uni so I doubt that will be a make or break. btw I feel your pain! I moved around (internationally) quite a lot with a big switch in educational systems and felt completely lost and was really slowed down by such big moves during important times in my educational career. so best of luck and you will be fine in the end mate, whatever path you choose just remember it will work out. Personally, though I would choose the path of least resistance - Nottingham and Bristol are good Unis so why not just see if you get accepted. Good luck mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending