The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Allah is merciful and forgiving. He knows your intentions, good or bad.
I can't say that I read 5x a day either, but I try my best to read as much as I can. Ofc praying salah is an important part of the religion, but as long as you know you're trying your hardest to do so that (imo) is enough.
I think you can make up for the one's you've missed by adding them onto the ones you do pray.

Praying 5x a day isn't difficult
If you want to do it you will.

This thread has been moved to Faith and Spirituality :smile:

Please do not debate in this forum as per our guidelines:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3323835

Original post by xxlaila03xx
Praying 5x a day isn't difficult
If you want to do it you will.

That's your opinion. It depends on your circumstances, and I personally find it pretty difficult.
Reply 23
Original post by gayboycharlie
am atheist so dont know the answer sorry:bawling:

...??
when you were at school would you put your hand up to answer "I don't know"?
This reminds me of two beautiful ahadeeth.

Ibn Abbas reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “There is no believing servant but that he has a sin he habitually commits from time to time, or a sin abiding over him that he does not abandon until he departs the world. Verily, the believer was created to be tested, repenting and forgetful. If he is reminded, he will remember.”

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “By Him in whose hand is my soul, if you did not sin, Allah would replace you with people who would sin and they would seek forgiveness from Allah and he would forgive them.”

Ramadan is the month of repentance. The prayers of a fasting person are not ignored. Narrated Abu Hurayrah: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever observes fasts during the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith, and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven." (Bukhari 2:37)

As for your missed prayers, one opinion is that you do not need to make up for every single one of them but instead seek repentance and keep on top of the ones now and in the future but there are many scholars who say you must make up every single missed one. Allah knows best.
Original post by z.13_ZH
That's your opinion. It depends on your circumstances, and I personally find it pretty difficult.

What circumstances prevent you from praying?
The first thing you should think about is salah
What circumstances prevent you from praying?
The first thing you should think about is salah

It's not for you to make a judgement about whether my circumstances prevent me from dealing salah nor not, that's between me and my God. Like I have explained to the OP, my opinion is that God is merciful and forgiving. My advice is that as long as you have the best intentions at heart and you are trying your best to read as much as you can, that's good enough for now.
repent and then aftr each salah pra nafl namaaz but do not pray aftr asr anmaaz and inshallah your kazah namaaz will be done
Original post by z.13_ZH
It's not for you to make a judgement about whether my circumstances prevent me from dealing salah nor not, that's between me and my God. Like I have explained to the OP, my opinion is that God is merciful and forgiving. My advice is that as long as you have the best intentions at heart and you are trying your best to read as much as you can, that's good enough for now.

There is no circumstance that can prevent you from praying.
NONE.
Allah is merciful and forgiving yes, but best intentions? come onnnn
You are not trying hard enough and it isn't good enough
Allah originally wanted us to pray 50 times a day and Sayiddna Muhammad pbuh negotiated it down to 5.
They're spread throughout the day and it is not difficult to pray them.
If your legs hurt, you can pray sitting down. If you are paralysed even, you can mimic the movement of the prayer with your eyes.
There is no excuse.
If you're able to pray during Ramadan, you can pray all the time.
Please just tell me. What is this circumstance that prevents you from praying?
5 prayers a day is fardh.
There is no circumstance that can prevent you from praying.
NONE.
Allah is merciful and forgiving yes, but best intentions? come onnnn
You are not trying hard enough and it isn't good enough
Allah originally wanted us to pray 50 times a day and Sayiddna Muhammad pbuh negotiated it down to 5.
They're spread throughout the day and it is not difficult to pray them.
If your legs hurt, you can pray sitting down. If you are paralysed even, you can mimic the movement of the prayer with your eyes.
There is no excuse.
If you're able to pray during Ramadan, you can pray all the time.
Please just tell me. What is this circumstance that prevents you from praying?
5 prayers a day is fardh.

I'm not telling you to believe what I believe. There is no reason for you to berate me based on my religious opinions, the Prophet (PBUH) taught tolerance and humility, so I think it's worthwhile to remember that also. While it is indisputable that 5 prayers a day is compulsory, it's not for you or me or anyone else to question another person's faith simply because they don't pray enough. There are other ways of expressing your faith.
There are provisions in place for those who cannot pray the normal way, as you have established, but that does not mean that the difficulty of having to pray is any less. While you might not find having to pray difficult, many people do which, in my opinion, is valid. I feel it's better to encourage those who make the extra effort to pray in Ramadan when usually they wouldn't as they're taking steps of getting closer to their God and their faith, rather than making them feel disheartened about not having had prayed before.

As I have emphasised before, I believe that God is merciful and forgiving, he knows a person's intentions thus only he has the right to place any judgement on them. I don't have to justify my personal circumstances to you as I know and God knows I am trying my best to pray as much as I can.
Original post by z.13_ZH
I'm not telling you to believe what I believe. There is no reason for you to berate me based on my religious opinions, the Prophet (PBUH) taught tolerance and humility, so I think it's worthwhile to remember that also. While it is indisputable that 5 prayers a day is compulsory, it's not for you or me or anyone else to question another person's faith simply because they don't pray enough. There are other ways of expressing your faith.
There are provisions in place for those who cannot pray the normal way, as you have established, but that does not mean that the difficulty of having to pray is any less. While you might not find having to pray difficult, many people do which, in my opinion, is valid. I feel it's better to encourage those who make the extra effort to pray in Ramadan when usually they wouldn't as they're taking steps of getting closer to their God and their faith, rather than making them feel disheartened about not having had prayed before.

As I have emphasised before, I believe that God is merciful and forgiving, he knows a person's intentions thus only he has the right to place any judgement on them. I don't have to justify my personal circumstances to you as I know and God knows I am trying my best to pray as much as I can.

You're right! Don't worry what others say and keep going at your pace. Insha'allah you will pray all the prayers one day. You already know you have to pray all 5 and are trying your best. Allah will acknowledge that of course. Keep going, you're doing well :smile:
Original post by Lawstudentsaveme
You're right! Don't worry what others say and keep going at your pace. Insha'allah you will pray all the prayers one day. You already know you have to pray all 5 and are trying your best. Allah will acknowledge that of course. Keep going, you're doing well :smile:

Ah, thank you! It's nice to hear words of support once in a while =)
Original post by z.13_ZH

Allah is merciful and forgiving yes
But you can't expect to pass a test you haven't even studied for.
Shaytan is making you believe its difficult, you need to fight that.
If I can pray so can you, I'm not any more able than you.
I'm not saying I'm the perfect Muslim, but one thing I never abandon is my prayer.
I'm only trying to help you. The sooner you realise the importance of Salah, the sooner you will stop seeing it as 'difficult'
The excuses you make are the same as one would make when procrastinating from studying.
There is very few valid reasons for you to not pray and I highly doubt your reasoning is one of them.
If you can do it in Ramadan. If you can try harder in Ramadan. Then you can do it all the time.
Remember that if you truly wanted to improve, Allah would help you.
I'm not saying I'm the perfect Muslim, but one thing I never abandon is my prayer.
I'm only trying to help you. The sooner you realise the importance of Salah, the sooner you will stop seeing it as 'difficult'
The excuses you make are the same as one would make when procrastinating from studying.
There is very few valid reasons for you to not pray and I highly doubt your reasoning is one of them.
If you can do it in Ramadan. If you can try harder in Ramadan. Then you can do it all the time.

With all due respect, I don't recall requesting your help nor your judgement on my alleged 'excuses' for not praying salah. Whether you 'highly doubt' anything about my current relationship with God and praying salah is unimportant and irrelevant. The thread was in relation to the predicament of the OP, not me.

I know my own beliefs, my own reasoning and my God. I don't need to justify it to you.

Everybody's journey in their faith is different and whether you choose to believe it or not, it is difficult sometimes, but preaching (particularly in such an abrasive and aggressive manner) will always turn people away because nobody likes to preached to.

If you read what I have previously written, I agreed that that it is mandatory to read 5x a day, however individuals who are struggling to adhere to this should be praised for making more of an effort in Ramadan so that they are encouraged to continue afterwards too.
Reply 34
Id say repent, Allah is the most forgiving never think that what you’ve done is unforgivable so always ask for forgiveness. You could even pray sunnahs after and before every salah to make up for the ones you’ve missed even if you don’t know the exact amount. Have a lovely ramadan x
I can’t give you a certain answer. But I know people that have doubled up their prayers to cover their missed ones. But I also know that if you complete Hajj, Allah will forgive all your sins (except the ones where you wronged someone else and that requires forgiveness from that person).
(edited 3 years ago)
I had this same issue last year and researched it, majority said that you don't have to make up prayers you think you've missed, just stay consistent from now on, repent to Allah and try and pray sunnah prayers to give you good deeds that cancel out the sins of not praying. Ramadan kareem :smile:
Original post by z.13_ZH
With all due respect, I don't recall requesting your help nor your judgement on my alleged 'excuses' for not praying salah. Whether you 'highly doubt' anything about my current relationship with God and praying salah is unimportant and irrelevant. The thread was in relation to the predicament of the OP, not me.

I know my own beliefs, my own reasoning and my God. I don't need to justify it to you.

Everybody's journey in their faith is different and whether you choose to believe it or not, it is difficult sometimes, but preaching (particularly in such an abrasive and aggressive manner) will always turn people away because nobody likes to preached to.

If you read what I have previously written, I agreed that that it is mandatory to read 5x a day, however individuals who are struggling to adhere to this should be praised for making more of an effort in Ramadan so that they are encouraged to continue afterwards too.

Sounds like someone knows I'm right and can no longer defend themselves :smile:
Why do you need to be 'encouraged' to continue praying?
This is what I'm saying. It's fardh, you don't have a choice in saying 'oh, I'm a bit tired I can't pray right now'.
It should be your top priority.
You don't need to ask for my opinion habibi, I just love to give it out :wink: Only in this case, my opinion is facts that you just can't face.
Sounds like someone knows I'm right and can no longer defend themselves :smile:
Why do you need to be 'encouraged' to continue praying?
This is what I'm saying. It's fardh, you don't have a choice in saying 'oh, I'm a bit tired I can't pray right now'.
It should be your top priority.
You don't need to ask for my opinion habibi, I just love to give it out :wink: Only in this case, my opinion is facts that you just can't face.

Once again, an example of ignorance and small-mindedness.

If you read my previous posts properly you would see that I did agree with you that reading 5x a day is compulsory. So, yes, on that you are right. However, I simply explained that some people including me find it difficult, not just physically, but also emotionally to read salah. Who are you to make any judgement about that? Despite this, I do read as much as I can which is often 5x a day. I also make up the one's I miss, but that is besides the point. What makes you think that you have the right to tell me what should be my top priority or that praying is not?

There's absolutely no need for you to be self-righteous and arrogant about the fact that you read 5x everyday. Everyone is on their own journey and whether they decide to read it or not God will be the judge of them, not you.

I did not ask for your opinion, whether you like to give it out or not, I request that you keep it to yourself as it is not an opinion I regard highly, particularly if you wish to go about it in such a demeaning manner.

I would appreciate if you could leave it there.
(edited 3 years ago)

I thought the point of Satan being locked up during Ramadan is so he cannot influence or tempt people in any way? If, according to you, he can still affect people’s minds then what’s the point in him being locked up?

Latest

Trending

Trending