The Student Room Group

Gcse bs a level

If you got mostly 5/6 ‘s for your gcse, 8 subjects what roughly would you be expected to get at a levels
(I tended to work really hard I just never did well in the exams or writing)
gcses play little role in how you perform in a levels, though they can be used as indicator of expected performance. plenty of people will get a/a*s in a subject at gcse but may struggle at a level and come out with c/d and vice versa. if you work hard at a level and have a good grasp of the subject i don't see how you couldn't do well. at my sixth form they had the expectation that your a level grade will be 1 below your gcse grade (ie. if you got a* in gcse chem, you'd be expected to get a in a level chem) but idk if that's a common sentiment and of course this won't ring true for everybody. a lot can change between gcse and a level and expected grades are often different to predicted.
It depends - though bear in mind this sort of set of results would be towards the lower end of those doing A-level. Not to say you can't still do well, but if you tried very hard at GCSE then the odds may not be in your favour - depending how high your aspirations are.

As above - there's a disconnect between GCSE performance and A-level performance, and it really comes down to how able you are and how willing you are to put in the work.

Quick Reply

Latest