rede house middlesbough teesside

Watch this thread
Studentwithneeds
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,
I have recently read an overwhelming amount of negative reviews on rede house and wanted to know if it was as bad as people said. people saying the staff are terrible and that they take months to fix things. I also heard they often have no hot water and the wifi is down and is an unpleasant stay but they advertise it to be good. I also heard that the door was broken this year and they took 6 months to fix it, even though people kept breaking in and vandalising and stealing stuff. Anyone tell me the reality of living in the rede house as i am thinking of staying there for 20/21
Thanks
aliesha.33
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi I was thinking of booking this place out also but I’ve heard the same bad reviews about it so I’m not to keen now but for £100 for a double bed and ur own kitchen it doesn’t sound too bad apart from the bad maintenance
Tam0708
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You’ll find that with all privately owned accommodation it can be a while for maintenance issues to be fixed but that is purely down to landlords thinking they can because we are students. Hence why most bad reviews are regarding maintenance. It’s a place that offers good value for money with spacious rooms plus in all honesty in the area there isn’t much to choose from that offers a good price. I think everyone will have their own experiences living here as nowhere is perfect but it’s got such a good location with supermarkets and literally a 5 min walk from the uni. You’ll also find that accommodations owned by the uni doesn’t offer double beds with kitchens and en-suites all in one so if you’re looking for a place to call you’re own, rede house is the place to be. Also bare in mind other places around this area have had break ins and stuff stolen it’s just kinda part off student life no matter where you are. Also people are more inclined to write bad reviews instead of positive ones. Also I’ve spoken to multiple people via Email and on the phone including the house manager and tbh I’ve had no issue with them they have always been adamant that if I have any issues I shouldn’t hesitate to get in touch and when I have, ive gotten quick responses. I understand the negative reviews put you off but I think it’s also down to the people your neighbours with etc that makes your accommodation either amazing or really bad.
Last edited by Tam0708; 1 year ago
kiddociddo
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know if this accommodation has parking?
Tam0708
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
There is parking but you need a permit
dillonoliver18
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
do you have info on the parking?
dillonoliver18
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Tam0708)
There is parking but you need a permit
do you have any info on this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads