The Student Room Group

AQA Private candidate with no prior relationship with exam centre

Hi,

I’m a private candidate resitting two of my A-Levels in Biology and Chemistry. The plan was to go to university next year and I’ve received offers too.

As you know summer exams have been cancelled this year. Since I’m a private candidate who has no prior relationship with my chosen exam centre they cannot provide a grade for me.

I was hoping we might get a chance to sit the exams in autumn but no official statements have been released confirming anything.

I’ve just received an email from my exam centre that I now have two options. (1) withdraw my application entirely. (2) withdraw my application for summer 2020 and defer it to summer 2021.

The sixth form I attended for two years when taking my A-Levels for the first time refuse to be of any help.

Should I defer my application to summer 2021 in hope we might get to sit the exams in autumn?

I was really hoping to go to university this year. I have offers from the university I want to attend. I’m in a very sticky situation. I don’t know what to do at this point. Any help/advice??
Original post by WonderWatson
Hi,

I’m a private candidate resitting two of my A-Levels in Biology and Chemistry. The plan was to go to university next year and I’ve received offers too.

As you know summer exams have been cancelled this year. Since I’m a private candidate who has no prior relationship with my chosen exam centre they cannot provide a grade for me.

I was hoping we might get a chance to sit the exams in autumn but no official statements have been released confirming anything.

I’ve just received an email from my exam centre that I now have two options. (1) withdraw my application entirely. (2) withdraw my application for summer 2020 and defer it to summer 2021.

The sixth form I attended for two years when taking my A-Levels for the first time refuse to be of any help.

Should I defer my application to summer 2021 in hope we might get to sit the exams in autumn?

I was really hoping to go to university this year. I have offers from the university I want to attend. I’m in a very sticky situation. I don’t know what to do at this point. Any help/advice??

Uni term starts in October so even if you do get Autumn exams it seems very unlikely you would be allowed to start you course without definite grades. You could email back stating that you want to do Autumn exams if they happen and ask what they advise you to do. I think it is likely you won’t start uni until ‘21 unless the government do something for people on your position or someone changes their minds and decides to help
Original post by WonderWatson
Hi,

I'm in the same excact position as you ( im doing bio chem and psych though).
My exam centres refused to give me grades and said i can do exams autumn/summer or withdraw.
even if we sit autumn exams we'll be going uni in 2021 since results will come our around Jan. So im just planning on doing them in summer '21 and get most amount of time to revise.
such a **** situation but thats life. They literally just ruined the lifes of a whole group of us.

Quick Reply

Latest