The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

What are some things you like about cardiff university?

if you go to Cardiff uni what do you like and dislike about it and what course are you currently doing? thank you
Likes - the city is the perfect size, it has everything you can need but you could still comfortably walk from one end of the city centre to the other
- the su is great - I don't think I've met people from any other uni that would say the su is their favourite night out but nearly everyone at Cardiff does
- varsity is brill fun, it's super involved and the Cardiff Swansea rivalry is historic
- very cheap to live in - rent in Bristol for similar is literally double

Dislikes - it seems to be that Cardiff is less diverse than other cities
- crime is on the increase in Cathays (the student area) I still don't think it rivals some other cities but since my first year in 2017 there's definitely been an increase in car vandalism, theft and burglaries - there's also been a fair few stabbings but they seem to involve locals not students

I'm a Biochemistry undergrad:smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
if you go to Cardiff uni what do you like and dislike about it and what course are you currently doing? thank you

Good size city, you can walk everywhere you need to.
Has a castle in the city centre
Roath Park and Bute Park are beautiful
Driving distance from other pretty places to visit
Cheap cost of living, rent is low
Amazing SU
Good atmosphere on rugby days
Varsity with Swansea is really fun
Diversity, lots of different restaurants
Cheap pubs! Low cost beer yummy

Dislikes:

Nothing really. I'm only leaving because I've been here 6 years and fancy a change
Just as somebody else said, there has been a crime increase in Cathays but I don't think that it makes it any more dangerous than another city, you get crime everywhere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending