roseflamingo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
When’s the deadline for student finance? I got an email from the university that I’m going to that it’s the 31st May? Is this true?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by roseflamingo)
When’s the deadline for student finance? I got an email from the university that I’m going to that it’s the 31st May? Is this true?
Hi Rose,

There is no deadline as such to apply from their end as people can apply for finance even throughout the year.

That said, to ensure that it is completed and funding is in place or the first installment it tends to be a month or 6 weeks before the start of your course.

You are better applying early in case you run into any issues and need to send anything in. Universities will require the tuition fees soon after you attend the course so it is better to have it all confirmed and in place before you begin.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
roseflamingo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi Rose,

There is no deadline as such to apply from their end as people can apply for finance even throughout the year.

That said, to ensure that it is completed and funding is in place or the first installment it tends to be a month or 6 weeks before the start of your course.

You are better applying early in case you run into any issues and need to send anything in. Universities will require the tuition fees soon after you attend the course so it is better to have it all confirmed and in place before you begin.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
Hi, I’m going to be a first year so do I have to apply by the deadline?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by roseflamingo)
Hi, I’m going to be a first year so do I have to apply by the deadline?
Hi :hello:

To be sure that you will be paid on time, new students should apply by the 22nd May deadline. You do not need a confirmed place on a course to apply, you can use your first choice of course and update your application later if this changes.

If you have any further questions you can check out the GOV website on everything related to Student Finance England.

Amy
jazzyman123
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
For first year students the deadline is the 31st May so everything needs to be done by then. So I’d recommend you do it as soon as possible as you might need to do some other things like for example my parents had to make accounts on student finance and tell them exact amount they made last year. Then they had to send their p60 for proof. These small things could possibly take you some time.

If you’ve got any more questions just reply back to the thread!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.25%
No - I have already returned home (52)
13%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.75%
No - I live at home during term anyway (116)
29%

Watched Threads