The Student Room Group

HELP! EPQ Fail :(

I sent in my EPQ title for approval: Is it ethically acceptable for a woman to have an abortion?

(I aimed to answer this from a biological standpoint, such as the development and personhood of the foetus)

My topic was not approved :frown: This is what my board had to say:

The topic area you have chosen is a sensitive and controversial one and it may prove a difficult one to research in the way you intend. You need to have plenty of high quality academic research at the root of your project and this is an area in which academics are divided with their views calibrated by a range of issues related to more than just ethics. In addition many countries around the world have very different attitudes to this topic and so a broad title will be difficult to manage. It is also important to have a clearly analytical and evaluative perspective to your project to meet the full range of assessment objectives and so looking at the extent to which something is possible or impossible may be more helpful.

My question: am I to change my area of project or the title only? Can you please suggest another I topic related to abortion that can get approval?
What about the impact of an abortion on a woman’s body?
Reply 2
Original post by Sophhhowa
What about the impact of an abortion on a woman’s body?

Wow that’s interesting! I hadn’t thought of it. I’ll look around for some more and then finalise one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending