Enrii
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
no conviction should be established on a confession alone.

can u be convicted on confession alone? any case law relating to that?

Thank you.
username3689312
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No and Yes.
Vexper
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Just as some interesting reading - have you heard about Sean Hodgson before? 'Murder of Teresa De Simone'
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As far as I am aware the truth of a confession still needs to be proved at trial s76(1) of PACE 1984
Enrii
Rep:
?
(Original post by james_law)
No and Yes.
why would say so?
Enrii
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vexper)
Just as some interesting reading - have you heard about Sean Hodgson before? 'Murder of Teresa De Simone'
Nope but Ill have a read about it.
is it to do with confessions?
username3689312
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Enrii)
why would say so?
For the millionth time, I dont do work for anyone who can not be bothered to help themselves. You post multiple threads on the same topic that if you could be bothered to do a simple google search, you would uncover all the answers you need.

You are simply lazy and expect everyone to do the work for you.
username3689312
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Enrii)
why would say so?
Because I said so. Just cite me as authority,

.....'to paraphrase his honour james_law from the high court of studentroom, he states a confession cannot be used as the only evidence to convict henri of his heinous crimes of laziness and entitlement as there needs to be other evidence to corroborate this. His honour also states there is a multitude of case law that showcase this but you dont need to bother with that as james_law is leading case on the topic.......'

Bang that in your essay.
Enrii
Rep:
?
(Original post by james_law)
Because I said so. Just cite me as authority,

.....'to paraphrase his honour james_law from the high court of studentroom, he states a confession cannot be used as the only evidence to convict henri of his heinous crimes of laziness and entitlement as there needs to be other evidence to corroborate this. His honour also states there is a multitude of case law that showcase this but you dont need to bother with that as james_law is leading case on the topic.......'

Bang that in your essay.
why would you even comment, if you're not willing to help and just have an awful attitude...
Lawschoolhack
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Enrii)
why would you even comment, if you're not willing to help and just have an awful attitude...
james-law is simply expressing his frustration which I fully understand. I don't mind pointing students in the right direction but they have to demonstrate that they have actually done something themselves to resolve their problem.

You make a lot of posts and I can see that you have begun to share some of your own ideas; but they are very basic. This forum is great, but it has its limitations as a learning tool. Do as much as you can to research the topic before you post.

Your course will have recommended textbooks. They are probably available on-line via your uni's library. If you are struggling; read as many different (decent) academic textbooks as you can. Read cases. Read articles. At the very least look back at your lecture notes which will cover the basics. Most lectures are online so you might be able to re-watch them or even look for material on YouTube! Remember however, that lectures are a starting point and you are not going to get a good grade simply by regurgitating materials from them. Get out your notes from the seminars to remind yourself of the points that were discussed.

Trying to re-cycle the ideas of others from this forum isn't going to improve your understanding and your grade will suffer as a result. Don't post current assessment questions and ask others to help you (it's cheating).
Last edited by Lawschoolhack; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (20)
31.75%
No (43)
68.25%

Watched Threads