The Student Room Group

What injuries are more painful than people would think?

I would say headaches if you have never had one before.

Scroll to see replies

okay tailbone injuries are the worst nothing comes close not even heartbreak
Reply 2
stepping on a lego barefoot
Original post by physicsamor
okay tailbone injuries are the worst nothing comes close not even heartbreak

Omg yes :five:
Fell down some stairs once
Was the worst pain ever :sadnod:
Period pain.
Reply 5
Stubbing your toe, ouchy.
Being bitten by a horse
When I broke my ribs that hurt more than appendicitis. So I would say breaking ribs
Original post by Chronoscope
Omg yes :five:
Fell down some stairs once
Was the worst pain ever :sadnod:

I've done this before & the pain was pretty bad. I ended up with a lot of bruises all over my back & legs but with the speed I went down at I was amazed I wasn't more seriously injured.
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
When I broke my ribs that hurt more than appendicitis. So I would say breaking ribs

Until I had it happen to me, i had no idea how debilitating it could be , you don't think about how much you lean on or move the area, i was lucky and it was my top rib, i know lower ones are much worse.
papercuts
Original post by claireestelle
Until I had it happen to me, i had no idea how debilitating it could be , you don't think about how much you lean on or move the area, i was lucky and it was my top rib, i know lower ones are much worse.

Yeah I broke I think it wad 2 of them from a football match and it just hurts to breath and stretch and anything. Just constant pain, would not recommend
Bites on the nose from a meerkat. :mad2:
Aggressive wild beasts with very sharp teeth, bacteria filled mouths and prone to violent panicking & tantrums.
Reply 13
Original post by londonmyst
Bites on the nose from a meerkat.

How?!
Original post by Napp
How?!

An idiot living in a large and very noisy riverside apartment complex decided to flout the no pets rule by keeping pet meerkats.
One meerkat escaped its home, got into my friend's apartment and bit my nose in a panic that was probably triggered by loud planes flying overhead.
Years later, I have to wear layers of makeup to cover both the scars and the injuries that are still not fully healed.
I'm no fan of those talking meerkat comparethemarket adverts. :grumble:
Original post by londonmyst
An idiot living in a large and very noisy riverside apartment complex decided to flout the no pets rule by keeping pet meerkats.
One meerkat escaped its home, got into my friend's apartment and bit my nose in a panic that was probably triggered by loud planes flying overhead.
Years later, I have to wear layers of makeup to cover both the scars and the injuries that are still not fully healed.
I'm no fan of those talking meerkat comparethemarket adverts. :grumble:

I didn't know you could legally own a pet meerkat.
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't know you could legally own a pet meerkat.

Please don't buy any meerkats.
Or a pet savannah.
British legislation focuses too much on dogs, almost totally ignoring the exotic animals that have only become popular in Britain post 2005.
Toothache/abscess (only putting because some people have never had toothache).

I've heard of people pulling their own teeth out themselves because the pain was so bad. 😐

Edit: just realised this is not an injury 😑😑 fml. Ehh ill leave it in anyway, as a reminder to brush your teeth and visit the dentist! (after lockdown)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
Tearing cartilage in your leg.
Ive broken multiple bones, fallen from 12 feet up out of trees, etc. but that one injury hurt more than all of them combined. I had to go to PT for a good while too :frown:
Can’t believe no one said this yet but teeth....

Quick Reply

Latest