Katherine Zhu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am an international student who currently studying in UK. Could you give me some advice on these options?

I want to study in london but I don't think the programme of KCL is suitable for my job career.

I want to find the first job in UK if I could and I am interested in consulting. Which one is better for getting job in UK? Thank you!

[offers]
Kings College London: MSc The Political Economy of Emerging Markets
Edinburgh: MSc Economics(Finance)
Warwick: MSc Economics and International Financial Economics

[waiting list]
LSE: Economic History
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you wanted consulting you would have been better of doing business analytics likely.

But Warwick is likely best from the course title. But any of those uni's can get you into consulting. Obviously if you get LSE i would take that. I'm sure your undergrad already shows some maths skills.

I wouldn't bank on a UK job. And the consulting industry is in an existential crisis. BCG might even get bought. Remember firms cut costs in severe downturns, this is the most severe since the great depression, hands down. So alot of consulting firms are struck.
Katherine Zhu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
If you wanted consulting you would have been better of doing business analytics likely.

But Warwick is likely best from the course title. But any of those uni's can get you into consulting. Obviously if you get LSE i would take that. I'm sure your undergrad already shows some maths skills.

I wouldn't bank on a UK job. And the consulting industry is in an existential crisis. BCG might even get bought. Remember firms cut costs in severe downturns, this is the most severe since the great depression, hands down. So alot of consulting firms are struck.
Thank you! It really helps ☺️ Btw if I can get LSE,is the MSc economic history program suitable for consulting and financial field job?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.59%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.21%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.73%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.35%

Watched Threads