The Student Room Group

MSc Economics: Edinburgh vs Warwick vs KCL

Hi, I am an international student who currently studying in UK. Could you give me some advice on these options?

I want to study in london but I don't think the programme of KCL is suitable for my job career.

I want to find the first job in UK if I could and I am interested in consulting. Which one is better for getting job in UK? Thank you!

[offers]
Kings College London: MSc The Political Economy of Emerging Markets
Edinburgh: MSc Economics(Finance)
Warwick: MSc Economics and International Financial Economics

[waiting list]
LSE: Economic History
If you wanted consulting you would have been better of doing business analytics likely.

But Warwick is likely best from the course title. But any of those uni's can get you into consulting. Obviously if you get LSE i would take that. I'm sure your undergrad already shows some maths skills.

I wouldn't bank on a UK job. And the consulting industry is in an existential crisis. BCG might even get bought. Remember firms cut costs in severe downturns, this is the most severe since the great depression, hands down. So alot of consulting firms are struck.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
If you wanted consulting you would have been better of doing business analytics likely.

But Warwick is likely best from the course title. But any of those uni's can get you into consulting. Obviously if you get LSE i would take that. I'm sure your undergrad already shows some maths skills.

I wouldn't bank on a UK job. And the consulting industry is in an existential crisis. BCG might even get bought. Remember firms cut costs in severe downturns, this is the most severe since the great depression, hands down. So alot of consulting firms are struck.

Thank you! It really helps ☺️ Btw if I can get LSE,is the MSc economic history program suitable for consulting and financial field job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending