Weird rough patch on cervix

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was just feeling around my cervix and I noticed the opening was weirdly opened up a bit. Usually when I felt it, it was too small to do anything. So I pressed my finger against the entrance, about a centimeter in (since the hole was weirdly allowing me to), and I felt a weird rough patch of something on one side. I was looking around google and I got scared thinking it was cancer!! My mom recently just got her breast cancer removed, and I don't want to make a big deal if it's just nothing to go see someone and spend money, especially in a COVID-19 world right now. If anyone could help me with what it is, if it's just the inside lining of my cervix or if it's something serious.
username5081922
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was just feeling around my cervix and I noticed the opening was weirdly opened up a bit. Usually when I felt it, it was too small to do anything. So I pressed my finger against the entrance, about a centimeter in (since the hole was weirdly allowing me to), and I felt a weird rough patch of something on one side. I was looking around google and I got scared thinking it was cancer!! My mom recently just got her breast cancer removed, and I don't want to make a big deal if it's just nothing to go see someone and spend money, especially in a COVID-19 world right now. If anyone could help me with what it is, if it's just the inside lining of my cervix or if it's something serious.
we can’t tell you because we can’t see it and we’re not trained, but if you go to an sti clinic they might be able to take a look for you. You can try your GP but i’m not sure they have the tools for that kind of examination, plus many aren’t taking appointments. It could just be some texture, or maybe warts if you’ve been sexually active but you’re best having it checked by a professional.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Gkaori)
we can’t tell you because we can’t see it and we’re not trained, but if you go to an sti clinic they might be able to take a look for you. You can try your GP but i’m not sure they have the tools for that kind of examination, plus many aren’t taking appointments. It could just be some texture, or maybe warts if you’ve been sexually active but you’re best having it checked by a professional.
I figured as much. I've never had sex, so I didn't think it would be sex related quite yet. Thank you anyways 😊
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
It's hard to say what you were touching. It's not always possible to touch the cervix (which is high up inside you) with your fingers. That should be smooth. If you were touching the walls of the vagina, they are naturally ribbed. The G-spot which is near the cervix, on the upper/front wall of the vagina has a rough texture, so you could've been touching that. In short, the vagina isn't a smooth tunnel of love :lol: it's textured/ribbed and rough in some areas. I'd recommend doing some learning about female anatomy and to learn what's normal and what isn't. Sex education in school seems to shy away from the actual biology and anatomy of men and women; they just focus on sex and pregnancy.
It's unlikely to be cancer, I think you're being paranoid but despite COVID, you can still ring your doctor and have a chat over the phone.
Mizuku137
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
This wasn't a wall in the vagina. This was 100% the cervix. I know what it is and where it is in my own body. The cervix isn't always "high up inside of you". It can be lower.

Take the letter 'o' as an example of the cervix. If I touch right in the center of it where the hole is in the cervix, there's something rough there. As a virgin, I ruled out an STD from someone.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mizuku137)
This wasn't a wall in the vagina. This was 100% the cervix. I know what it is and where it is in my own body. The cervix isn't always "high up inside of you". It can be lower.

Take the letter 'o' as an example of the cervix. If I touch right in the center of it where the hole is in the cervix, there's something rough there. As a virgin, I ruled out an STD from someone.
Might be this https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320298
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
Picture??
Anonymous #1
Picture??
Oh yeah hold on. Lemme just snap a photo of the inside.

I don't have the tool to quite literally open myself up -.-
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (43)
34.13%
The paper was reasonable (50)
39.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (21)
16.67%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
9.52%

Watched Threads