The Student Room Group

Applying as EU Student

Hi,
I come from Italy and I have been in the UK from December 2015. My questions are:

1. Is there a way I can apply online? If not, can Student Finance England send the form by post to me, as I have n way of printing it.

2. I have already applied for an Advanced Learner Loan for the 2019/2020 academic year, do I still need to send the evidence, like my passport/identity card?

3. I cannot meet any teachers or doctors who can sign my evidence, what should I do?

4. In the question, "Have you ever had any other loans from the
Student Loans Company (SLC)", I said Yes due to the Advanced Learner Loan application, but I have not made any repayments, so how would I answer the next question "If ‘Yes’, are you behind with the repayments?"

Thanks,
Hana
Original post by writingly_
Hi,
I come from Italy and I have been in the UK from December 2015. My questions are:

1. Is there a way I can apply online? If not, can Student Finance England send the form by post to me, as I have n way of printing it.

2. I have already applied for an Advanced Learner Loan for the 2019/2020 academic year, do I still need to send the evidence, like my passport/identity card?

3. I cannot meet any teachers or doctors who can sign my evidence, what should I do?

4. In the question, "Have you ever had any other loans from the
Student Loans Company (SLC)", I said Yes due to the Advanced Learner Loan application, but I have not made any repayments, so how would I answer the next question "If ‘Yes’, are you behind with the repayments?"

Thanks,
Hana

Hi Hana,
I'll answer your queries in order.

1. No you will need to print off the EU20N form and send this in the post http://ow.ly/7u9n30qioFw - you can print it off at a library or internet cafe when safe to do so.
2. Yes you must send ID again.
3. You can send your original ID if you can't get anyone to certify your ID.
4. You should answer no.

Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Hana,
I'll answer your queries in order.

1. No you will need to print off the EU20N form and send this in the post http://ow.ly/7u9n30qioFw - you can print it off at a library or internet cafe when safe to do so.
2. Yes you must send ID again.
3. You can send your original ID if you can't get anyone to certify your ID.
4. You should answer no.

Thanks, Isaac.

Hello,
Thanks for your response.

I just wanted to know what if I cannot get hold of any printing device and the deadline is over?
Also, since I am applying at this time and it could be a little late as well, unfortunately, will this delay the payment of tuition fees to the University? And if so, can I still attend the University or I have to pay it upfront?

Thanks,
Hana
Hello,

I just wanted to know what if I cannot get hold of any printing device and the deadline is over?
Also, since I am applying at this time and it could be a little late as well, unfortunately, will this delay the payment of tuition fees to the University? And if so, can I still attend the University or I have to pay it upfront?

Thanks,
Hana

The deadline is 9 months after the academic year, as the lockdown restrictions are easing you will be able to visit a library or internet cafe to print this or ask a friend. We don't usually pay universities til October but I think they are being paid earlier this year, if you apply late and the fee is late then you will need to speak with your university to find out if this is ok as they might not be happy about it.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
The deadline is 9 months after the academic year, as the lockdown restrictions are easing you will be able to visit a library or internet cafe to print this or ask a friend. We don't usually pay universities til October but I think they are being paid earlier this year, if you apply late and the fee is late then you will need to speak with your university to find out if this is ok as they might not be happy about it.
Thanks, Isaac

Do I have to apply as an EU student even though I've lived in the UK for 4 and a half years, turning 5 in December? Am I eligible for applying as the child of a Migrant worker if one of my parent lives/works here?
Also, can I then not apply for maintenance loan as I had originally hoped to just apply for the loan and not actually take it in as a requirement for obtaining a scholarship from my chosen Uni.

Thanks,
Hana

Do I have to apply as an EU student even though I've lived in the UK for 4 and a half years, turning 5 in December? Am I eligible for applying as the child of a Migrant worker if one of my parent lives/works here?
Also, can I then not apply for maintenance loan as I had originally hoped to just apply for the loan and not actually take it in as a requirement for obtaining a scholarship from my chosen Uni.

Thanks,
Hana

Good morning, to apply as a home student you need to have been residing in the UK since the 01/09/2015, you wouldn't be eligible as you have only been here 4 years.

You can apply as a Migrant Worker or child of Migrant Worker and can find out further info here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
You can only apply for the Maintenance Loan if you meet the Migrant Worker criteria that I linked above.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Good afternoon,

Can I apply for tuition fees as an EU student and then for maintenance loan as the child of a mirant worker later, as I don't actually need to take out the maintenance loan, only need to send the information to the University and I'm afraid if I do both together my tuition fees might be late?

And lastly, one criteria for bring eligible as the child of a migrant worker is to have lived in the EEA for at least 3 years before the start of the course, since I have been living in the UK for four years with my family, would that make me eligible?

Thanks,
Hana
(edited 3 years ago)
Good afternoon,

Can I apply for tuition fees as an EU student and then for maintenance loan as the child of a mirant worker later, as I don't actually need to take out the maintenance loan, only need to send the information to the University and I'm afraid if I do both together my tuition fees might be late?

And lastly, one criteria for bring eligible as the child of a migrant worker is to have lived in the EEA for at least 3 years before the start of the course, since I have been living in the UK for four years with my family, would that make me eligible?

Thanks,
Hana

As the Migrant Worker loan can sometimes take time to be approved or even be rejected, it's also best to apply for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only first and then if you get rejected as a Migrant Worker, your fees will be in place. If you get accepted as a Migrant Worker then the EU application will be deleted.

Yes you meet the residency criteria so your residency is fine.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 8
As the Migrant Worker loan can sometimes take time to be approved or even be rejected, it's also best to apply for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only first and then if you get rejected as a Migrant Worker, your fees will be in place. If you get accepted as a Migrant Worker then the EU application will be deleted.

Yes you meet the residency criteria so your residency is fine.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it!
Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it!

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest