MSc in Business Analytics (WBS vs AMBS vs Uof Edinburgh)

Watch
Aanchal07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hello!

I'm an international applicant with considerable work experience in software development and data analytics.
I have offers from Warwick Business School for MSc Business Analytics, Alliance Manchester Business School for Business Analytics: Operations Research & Risk Analysis and University of Edinburgh for MSc Business Analytics. I am unable to choose the best between these three. I've gotten in touch with alumni of these universities and even after their (mostly positive) feedback am still confused.

Fees:
WBS-29,250
AMBS-24,000
UoE- 24,900

Course content:
The programmes are somewhat identical.
WBS- Blend of analytics and business
AMBS- Slightly inclined towards Risk, Operations and strategies.
UoE- Slight more towards Machine Learning

MSc Business Analytics (QS world ranking 2020)
WBS- 9th
AMBS- 8th
UoE- 10th

Overall University ranking (QS world ranking 2020)
WBS- 62nd
AMBS- 27th
UoE- 20th

My goal is to work as a business analyst in the UK after my graduation. So I want suggestions which will help me in achieving my goal in the best possible manner (degree from a reputed university, gaining the best possible knowledge by learning from extremely good profs at the university, learning from peers, good industry link-ups which would enable me to work on industry level projects, high employer reputation enabling me to secure a good job etc. )
Thanks in advance
salmanjak
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Firstly, congrats on your offers. I too applied to UoE and WBS. Still awaiting an offer from WBS . My first choice is WBS because of how closely it is linked to business and less towards the CS side which is what i was looking for. However if you are looking more towards the CS side of things like machine learning UoE is the right path they are well known for this subject in the UK. You mention wanted to work towards a business analyst career I would suggest WBS as their reputation in the business world as well the network you will be able to grow during your studies seem better from my view point. GOOD LUCK do update on what you decide and why?

ps. fingers crossed on WBS, wish me luck
slk9907
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Aanchal07)
Hello!

I'm an international applicant with considerable work experience in software development and data analytics.
I have offers from Warwick Business School for MSc Business Analytics, Alliance Manchester Business School for Business Analytics: Operations Research & Risk Analysis and University of Edinburgh for MSc Business Analytics. I am unable to choose the best between these three. I've gotten in touch with alumni of these universities and even after their (mostly positive) feedback am still confused.

Fees:
WBS-29,250
AMBS-24,000
UoE- 24,900

Course content:
The programmes are somewhat identical.
WBS- Blend of analytics and business
AMBS- Slightly inclined towards Risk, Operations and strategies.
UoE- Slight more towards Machine Learning

MSc Business Analytics (QS world ranking 2020)
WBS- 9th
AMBS- 8th
UoE- 10th

Overall University ranking (QS world ranking 2020)
WBS- 62nd
AMBS- 27th
UoE- 20th

My goal is to work as a business analyst in the UK after my graduation. So I want suggestions which will help me in achieving my goal in the best possible manner (degree from a reputed university, gaining the best possible knowledge by learning from extremely good profs at the university, learning from peers, good industry link-ups which would enable me to work on industry level projects, high employer reputation enabling me to secure a good job etc. )
Thanks in advance
May I know what is your background at the time you get admitted?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads