SchuylerSister22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thread for SQA Higher Admin.
I'm crashing the subject next year so any explanations for what I have missed from Nat 5 would be great!
JordanForrest
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by SchuylerSister22)
Thread for SQA Higher Admin.
I'm crashing the subject next year so any explanations for what I have missed from Nat 5 would be great!
It is hard to explain but you should know the basics on Spreadsheets like IF statements and sum IF etc as Spreadsheet get hard and databases so try and learn about formulas on that too. However, PowerPoint is easy not much you need to know and word it’s hard to explain but it’s easy to work out.
SchuylerSister22
Rep:
?
(Original post by JordanForrest)
It is hard to explain but you should know the basics on Spreadsheets like IF statements and sum IF etc as Spreadsheet get hard and databases so try and learn about formulas on that too. However, PowerPoint is easy not much you need to know and word it’s hard to explain but it’s easy to work out.
Where do I find out how to do Spreadsheets?
Kubsyy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Where do I find out how to do Spreadsheets?
You can go here: https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en

It will have everything you will need for higher admin which is: word, spreadsheet and databases. But it doesn’t have about rmails and e-diaries but if you’re using glow (outlook) then I can guide you if you want.
SchuylerSister22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kubsyy)
You can go here: https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en

It will have everything you will need for higher admin which is: word, spreadsheet and databases. But it doesn’t have about rmails and e-diaries but if you’re using glow (outlook) then I can guide you if you want.
Thank you so much!!! I take it you studied Admin this year? What is the course like?
Kubsyy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thank you so much!!! I take it you studied Admin this year? What is the course like?
Yes I have. I did higher this year.

Basically this course is mostly practical because it has 70 out of 120 available but there is also theory which is 50 out of 120 marks. So it’s the best to master the practical side.

I can’t tell you much about theory because of the exam cancellation and no theory prelim I didn’t have a crack at it but I did some of it in class and it’s very short and very similar to business hence I know how to answer key words that you need to remember: explain, describe, identify, outline, distinguish, compare and discuss and familiar with topics like customer service or methods of communication.

And in practical you need to know how to use: word, excel, access, powerpoint, emails and e-diary

For word you need to know how to prepare (or edit depending how much is written in them) business documents like: letters, leaflets, reports and others that I forgot.

If you need help then ask me
Last edited by Kubsyy; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads