Does the CRA 2015 apply to Trespassers under the OLA 1984?

Watch
futurelawyer455
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm doing a problem question and I am a bit confused - I have established that one of the parties that entered the restaurant as a visitor has become a trespasser as she went into an area she was not permitted to be in (bar in a restaurant that was closed off for renovations), and in that room she slipped on grease and hurt herself, on the door to the bar was a warning (established as not sufficient as did not specify risk) that tried to exclude any liability for injuries if you entered the room, however, under the CRA S.65 a trader cannot exclude liability for personal injuries or death. I'm just confused as to whether this applies to trespassers also because she entered as a customer but then I assume her ignoring the sign and entering the room she became a trespasser? Any advice is welcome
futurelawyer455
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
hi thanks for the reply

so does this mean that the CRA, in that her becoming a trespasser and hurting herself, would not apply to her meaning that the occupier could exclude liability as to its not being a consumer trader relationship? also, does the fact that the warning sign was not sufficient to exclude liability stop her from becoming a trespasser?
futurelawyer455
Rep:
no no, thank you so much, this was very helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (67)
22.33%
Note taking apps (6)
2%
Flashcards (60)
20%
Revision guides (17)
5.67%
Past papers (138)
46%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (12)
4%

Watched Threads