The Student Room Group

Biology and Chemistry in Dentistry

Hi,
I am currently researching what to study in university and I am interested in dentistry.
Doing A-levels, I like chemistry a lot more than biology and i wanted to know:
Is dentistry more chemistry heavy or biology heavy in the course content.
It is definitely anatomy heavy as well as chemistry heavy. You should really like both but to be honest it’s not really biology and chemistry it’s a completely different ideal....does this help?
you could ask your question in this thread to get more answers :smile:
Ask Me Anything about Studying Dentistry! - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6448312
Reply 3
Original post by xoxo160702
It is definitely anatomy heavy as well as chemistry heavy. You should really like both but to be honest it’s not really biology and chemistry it’s a completely different ideal....does this help?

Yes this help. But i have one more question sorry...
2.Is it anatomy heavy only for the first and second year or throughout the 5 years?
Original post by Khushi51
Yes this help. But i have one more question sorry...
2.Is it anatomy heavy only for the first and second year or throughout the 5 years?

It’s pretty dominant over the first 2 years but the rest is pretty mechanical and practical but you’ve got to realise dentistry is based on knowing the anatomy really well
Reply 5
Original post by xoxo160702
It’s pretty dominant over the first 2 years but the rest is pretty mechanical and practical but you’ve got to realise dentistry is based on knowing the anatomy really well

Thank you very much. This helps a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest