Solihull Sixth form College Vs Cadbury College

Watch
DeItaReality
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have applied to both of these sixth forms and I want to know which sixth form is better to study in. I saw the reviews and it shows cadbury had a better review than solihull. How is both of the sixth forms and is their teaching good as well as the teachers? Do people like studying there and is the environment as well as the place safe to learn?
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DeItaReality)
I have applied to both of these sixth forms and I want to know which sixth form is better to study in. I saw the reviews and it shows cadbury had a better review than solihull. How is both of the sixth forms and is their teaching good as well as the teachers? Do people like studying there and is the environment as well as the place safe to learn?
Compare the courses instead of the whole institution.
Have a look at the courses and exam boards they use. Have a deep look into the topics taught, as choosing something interesting is better.

Looking at the reviews, choose Cadbury, but don't go to Cadbury and feel like you missed out because Solihull did the course of study you wanted, but you went to Cadbury over reviews. Choose what YOU will be interested in, rather than reputation!
DeItaReality
Rep:
?
(Original post by MKaur18)
Have a look at the courses and exam boards they use. Have a deep look into the topics taught, as choosing something interesting is better.

Looking at the reviews, choose Cadbury, but don't go to Cadbury and feel like you missed out because Solihull did the course of study you wanted, but you went to Cadbury over reviews. Choose what YOU will be interested in, rather than reputation!
Thanks for your response.
DeItaReality
Rep:
?
(Original post by MKaur18)

I have applied to both of the sixth forms and both of the sixth forms have the courses that I want to do. I have looked deep into the topics taught in each course and they have different exam boards but the topics each course have interests me for example for History (AQA) in Cadbury College outlines the Development of the USA from the end of the civil war but History (OCR) in Solihull sixth form college outlines the Later tudors which is also interesting. I know what you are saying but I didn't go to Cadbury over reviews, I just went to the interview and checked it out. I just want peoples experience on what they think of the sixth forms and how their teaching is as this will give me an idea of how it is. Also, how is it like studying there as well.
studysidra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
yeah same

(Original post by DeItaReality)
I have applied to both of the sixth forms and both of the sixth forms have the courses that I want to do. I have looked deep into the topics taught in each course and they have different exam boards but the topics each course have interests me for example for History (AQA) in Cadbury College outlines the Development of the USA from the end of the civil war but History (OCR) in Solihull sixth form college outlines the Later tudors which is also interesting. I know what you are saying but I didn't go to Cadbury over reviews, I just went to the interview and checked it out. I just want peoples experience on what they think of the sixth forms and how their teaching is as this will give me an idea of how it is. Also, how is it like studying there as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads