liz_453
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How long should each session of studying be??

PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It should be how long you are comfortable with doing. It's not how much but how you use that time. I suggest 1 to 2 hours for each subject to start with but it can be spread out throughout the week and you can extend it if you feel like you can do more. It should be flexible but you need to stick to a schedule
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by liz_453)
How long should each session of studying be??
Hey liz_453!

I like to study in blocks of an hour or so, and then have a short break to stretch my legs or watch a short episode of a series/ grab some food.
Depending on what you're studying for the amount of studying you need to do will depend, so just think about what you need to get done and work out how much studying you need to do to get through everything!

Make sure you take breaks and listen to your body though, as if you continue you won't take in as much information

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
ohnojay
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I like doing an hour per topic with a 10 minute break in between to just go on my phone and catch up with things.
liz_453
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hey liz_453!

I like to study in blocks of an hour or so, and then have a short break to stretch my legs or watch a short episode of a series/ grab some food.
Depending on what you're studying for thegre amount of studying you need to do will depend, so just think about what you need to get done and work out how much studying you need to do to get through everything!

Make sure you take breaks and listen to your body though, as if you continue you won't take in as much information

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
great, thank you, Eloise! helps a lot!!
Eligallagher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I revise 4 hours a day with pomodoro method which is 25 min revising and 5 min break but in that break don’t go on your phone and don’t go on your phone 1 hour before studying or you will be discouraged I have 5 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon and extra if I want to hoped I helped
shadowelite
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I have also heard of the pomodoro method. The specific minutes for the study and rest times can be customised depending on your study habits. Some do 50mins study then 10minutes break.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads