The Student Room Group

Are year 12s going back first?

Question Above^
I did hear somewhere that they are, but I guess that news was just misleading.
Original post by The-judge-16
I did hear somewhere that they are, but I guess that news was just misleading.

No-one really knows what is going on, and what will happen. You are just going to have to wait and see. The news put out information to ease your concerns. It can at times be misleading. Nothing is fully concrete as of yet.
Original post by The-judge-16
Question Above^

I heard that too. But I don't know what to believe anymore.
Original post by Gogeta Vegito
I heard that too. But I don't know what to believe anymore.

It’s annoying, because I’m actually changing sixth forms so I kinda wish that year 12s do not go back first. Tbh I think year 12 should retake the year next year.
the prediction is year 6 followed by years 12 and 10 but we don't know
I would be shocked if anyone goes back before September. Maybe they will encourage some primary school / key worker children to go back.
I cnat see whats to be gained by even Y10 or Y12 going back as its near time for the break anyway.

If you are conscientious / worried or want good grades, then you can teach yourself most of the stuff so you dont fall behind.
Plenty of opportunity for students to study at home, be it making notes or doing your EPQ. Hrad work over the summer will guarantee minimal disruption and less to do in Y13. CV19 certainly should be used as an excuse. Successful students adapt.
Original post by 999tigger
I would be shocked if anyone goes back before September. Maybe they will encourage some primary school / key worker children to go back.
I cnat see whats to be gained by even Y10 or Y12 going back as its near time for the break anyway.

If you are conscientious / worried or want good grades, then you can teach yourself most of the stuff so you dont fall behind.
Plenty of opportunity for students to study at home, be it making notes or doing your EPQ. Hrad work over the summer will guarantee minimal disruption and less to do in Y13. CV19 certainly should be used as an excuse. Successful students adapt.

I totally agree with you here, there is absolutely no point at all in year 12s and year 10s going back as, like you said, the summer break will be very soon anyway.
Original post by 999tigger

In my school they are going to start doing the Y13 content before September but overall yeah I agree with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending