rqlrql
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I applied to start a PGCE next September, the school I applied to told be that as an EU student I will.be able to get a bursary, however I am concern with the criteria and it says you have to had lived in the EEA area throughout three years before the start of the course, in my case I have lived in the UK since 2014 when I moved to study my undergraduate degree, I finished in 2018 and took a job in China, where I lived until 2019, after july 2019 I came back to the uk and get the pre settled status, am I still eligible to apply for the bursary or not because I lived those months in China?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rqlrql)
Hello, I applied to start a PGCE next September, the school I applied to told be that as an EU student I will.be able to get a bursary, however I am concern with the criteria and it says you have to had lived in the EEA area throughout three years before the start of the course, in my case I have lived in the UK since 2014 when I moved to study my undergraduate degree, I finished in 2018 and took a job in China, where I lived until 2019, after july 2019 I came back to the uk and get the pre settled status, am I still eligible to apply for the bursary or not because I lived those months in China?
Hi there, as you don't have 5 years UK residency, you can apply for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only on the EU20N form. If you were outside the EU/EEA then you will be asked to prove our absence was temporary. In regards to the bursary, some universities offer a bursary to SFE applicants only and only some offer a bursary to EU applicants. If your university does offer a bursary to EU applicants then you will be sent an EU Bursary form to input your household income. You should speak to your university about eligibility for a bursary.
Thanks, Isaac
rqlrql
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, thank so much, the programme is through United teaching SCITT, I dont know if in that case the bursary has different criteria that the one you have mentioned.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rqlrql)
Hello, thank so much, the programme is through United teaching SCITT, I dont know if in that case the bursary has different criteria that the one you have mentioned.
There wouldn't be any EU bursary for this provider, you can speak with them for further information. There is a teaching bursary available but I'm not sure if EU students are eligible for the teaching bursary, you can speak with the teaching agency to check this.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.92%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.21%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.33%
I'm really nervous (60)
20.55%

Watched Threads