?
Report 5 months ago
How are you?
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is it unusual for bisexual females to apply for university?
Last edited by glassalice; 5 months ago
teaisbae
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
How are you?
I am good thank you ^_^

Sorry for the late reply x
teaisbae
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
Is it unusual for bisexual females to apply for university?
Depends on the environment, some LGBT+ people use university as a fresh start if they have deal with discrimination growing up whereas others see in as a opportunity to find others through societies etc. Personally, I was part of the 'gay cliche' in secondary school where all of my friends were the few out LGBT kids. I tried dating one of my friends but it was ridiculously awkward lol. We split but remained close friends. I hope University will give me a chance to meet lots of people, some of who to experiment with to see what I like x
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by teaisbae)
Depends on the environment, some LGBT+ people use university as a fresh start if they have deal with discrimination growing up whereas others see in as a opportunity to find others through societies etc. Personally, I was part of the 'gay cliche' in secondary school where all of my friends were the few out LGBT kids. I tried dating one of my friends but it was ridiculously awkward lol. We split but remained close friends. I hope University will give me a chance to meet lots of people, some of who to experiment with to see what I like x
Do you experience more discrimination than say a lesbian?
By discrimination do you mean an odd mean comment? How often is physical violence or threat of involve?
If you where dating a male would you find it necessary to tell you where BI?
Rupert2020
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Favourite tea?
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rupert2020)
Favourite tea?
I was literally going to ask that :eek:
Hi btw
teaisbae
Rep:
?
Do you experience more discrimination than say a lesbian?
By discrimination do you mean an odd mean comment? How often is physical violence or threat of involve?
If you where dating a male would you find it necessary to tell you where BI?
1) I am lucky to have a very accepting friends and family however I have had friends who have been through some bad experiences with homophobia (e.g. conversion therapy, threats, violence). It really depends on one's situation over sexuality. One of my closest friends was a closeted homophobe because of what her religion taught her, she was never outwardly insulting towards me however did have discussions with another person about how 'gays are sinners' etc. when I wasn't there. We don't talk anymore, she never gave me reason, she just started avoiding me.

2) See above. I have dealt with some odd comments but not the worst bullying I have been through. My friends have been through a lot worse: violence is not something I commonly heard about but there have been several incidents (e.g. having rocks thrown or property destroyed).

3) Yes, I tend to be very open about my sexuality unless I know that the person is homophobic, then I usually stop talking to them. If they can't accept me for who I am, then I don't want anything to do with them. The stereotype of being more likely to cheat is *******s I'd add.
teaisbae
Rep:
?
Favourite tea?
Hello ^_^

Honestly, I'll drink any tea but my favourite would probably be PG Tips or Breakfast.
A giant chicken
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Out of pure interest, and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to, are you subject to homophobia often or do you feel that people are becoming more accepting?
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Favourite Ben& Jerries???
teaisbae
Rep:
?
(Original post by A giant chicken)
Out of pure interest, and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to, are you subject to homophobia often or do you feel that people are becoming more accepting?
Not really. As I said in another post, I was very lucky to have a very accepting family and friends. I have dealt with it before but not for a long time.
In terms of society's standards, I'd generally say yes however the 'woke or broke' trend makes me very worried about how tokenism could lead to the stigma having a resurgence.
teaisbae
Rep:
?
Favourite Ben& Jerries???
Cookie Dough
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Cookie Dough
Yasssssssss
username2393237
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Are you from the UK? When did you realise you were bi?
teaisbae
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
Are you from the UK? When did you realise you were bi?
1) Yes. I am from England.

2) When I was around 13, I had vivid dreams about doing dirty things with this other girl at school. I looked it up and found out about the term. The rest is history lol
Rupert2020
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello ^_^

Honestly, I'll drink any tea but my favourite would probably be PG Tips or Breakfast.
Ooh she’s a keeper!
Rupert2020
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Cookie Dough
Hello ^_^

😱 so you like my favourite kind of tea and Ben&Jerries?
teaisbae
Rep:
?
😱 so you like my favourite kind of tea and Ben&Jerries?
omg that is amazing lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.24%
I'm not sure (33)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise