The Student Room Group

foundation programme(FY1 , FY2) for EU medical Graduates.

Hey everyone , I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information. I am British student studying abroad in Bulgaria. I am in my final year of my medical studies , the program is 6 years so i qualify for a full GMC registration. I am not sure how to apply for FY1 AND FY2 is it the same as UK medical students or different , i have read that i have to apply to each post individually , if so what's the post called.any help will be greatly appreciated Many Thanks.
Original post by medicalstudent20
Hey everyone , I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information. I am British student studying abroad in Bulgaria. I am in my final year of my medical studies , the program is 6 years so i qualify for a full GMC registration. I am not sure how to apply for FY1 AND FY2 is it the same as UK medical students or different , i have read that i have to apply to each post individually , if so what's the post called.any help will be greatly appreciated Many Thanks.

Firstly, look at the UKFPO website for application processes and eligibility.
I think you are likely to get full registration if this is a 6 year course? If so you wont get a 2 year foundation programme as f1 is for provisional licence.
So some international med graduates do a trust doctor year at approx year 1 level as can do that on provisional licence, and then apply for F2 standalone. These national processes are advertised and applied through oriel.
Look on nhs jobs for posts For trust doctor posts.
https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/search_vacancy/
Original post by HHaricot
Firstly, look at the UKFPO website for application processes and eligibility.
I think you are likely to get full registration if this is a 6 year course? If so you wont get a 2 year foundation programme as f1 is for provisional licence.
So some international med graduates do a trust doctor year at approx year 1 level as can do that on provisional licence, and then apply for F2 standalone. These national processes are advertised and applied through oriel.
Look on nhs jobs for posts For trust doctor posts.
https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/search_vacancy/

Thank you for your reply , yeah i will be getting a full registration. i was wondering if FY2 is guaranteed at the same hospital after i finish the trust doctor year. I have read that i could apply for f2 standalone right away without doing the trust doctor year, is that true ?

Many Thanks
Thank you for your reply , yeah i will be getting a full registration. i was wondering if FY2 is guaranteed at the same hospital after i finish the trust doctor year. I have read that i could apply for f2 standalone right away without doing the trust doctor year, is that true ?

Many Thanks

F2 standalone interviews have happened. There is.a better likelihood of getting a place if you have worked post graduation, and particularly if you have worked in uk - but that isnt essential.
And no, i dont think there would be an expectation your f2 lat would be where you had done a trust doctor post the year before, as their location quite random.

Hello, I am in a similar position can you talk me through the process?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending