fhcjggjc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I've been looking into doing the combined LPC and LLM at the University of Law Liverpool campus after I finish my LLB degree next year, and was just wondering whether anyone had any experience on the course? As a combined course, is it a lot more intense?
I currently go to a non-Russel group university; one which is very low in the league tables. Although I get good grades and have plenty of legal work experience, will this limit my chances of being accepted at all? I've never heard anything about what the acceptance rate is like. Thanks!
LollyLOU
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have completed the LPC LLM at uni of law chester.
So long as you have a qualifying law degree I think they accept you, check entry requirements on their website.

I completed mine part time over 2 years as I was working full time aswell.

The masters part added on does not make it much more intense because you get credits from the lpc towards the masters. So for the LLM the only additional work you need to do is research and write up a 3000 word report. A reflective statement of 500 words and a 10 min oral presentation. You get to choose from a list of questions.

I think this was really added on to give more people access to some funding towards the lpc. I really enjoyed it

(Original post by fhcjggjc)
I've been looking into doing the combined LPC and LLM at the University of Law Liverpool campus after I finish my LLB degree next year, and was just wondering whether anyone had any experience on the course? As a combined course, is it a lot more intense?
I currently go to a non-Russel group university; one which is very low in the league tables. Although I get good grades and have plenty of legal work experience, will this limit my chances of being accepted at all? I've never heard anything about what the acceptance rate is like. Thanks!I
The University of Law Students
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by fhcjggjc)
I currently go to a non-Russel group university; one which is very low in the league tables. Although I get good grades and have plenty of legal work experience, will this limit my chances of being accepted at all? I've never heard anything about what the acceptance rate is like. Thanks!
Hey!

I am currently doing the LPC MSc at the University of Law in Liverpool!
ULaw requires a 2:2. Although I am doing the MSc in business management and not the LLM they are both one additional module so I do not think that it is too intense. In the first term you have 4 mandatory modules which you complete in March. In the second term if you just do the LPC you only have 3 electives - but if you do the LLM you choose an additional elective and write a 3000 word coursework (you can choose the subject and topic).

I would recommend doing the LPC LLM as it enables you to get student funding by doing a masters and an extra elective broadens your knowledge to a different area of law that you would not have studied at undergrad which can help with career choices!

I hope this helps with regards to the LLM but if you have any questions about ULaw in Liverpool then let me know!

Emily
(Student Ambassador, LPC, Liverpool)
Lawgal101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
Hey!

I am currently doing the LPC MSc at the University of Law in Liverpool!
ULaw requires a 2:2. Although I am doing the MSc in business management and not the LLM they are both one additional module so I do not think that it is too intense. In the first term you have 4 mandatory modules which you complete in March. In the second term if you just do the LPC you only have 3 electives - but if you do the LLM you choose an additional elective and write a 3000 word coursework (you can choose the subject and topic).

I would recommend doing the LPC LLM as it enables you to get student funding by doing a masters and an extra elective broadens your knowledge to a different area of law that you would not have studied at undergrad which can help with career choices!

I hope this helps with regards to the LLM but if you have any questions about ULaw in Liverpool then let me know!

Emily
Hi Emily,

I'm just about to apply for the LLM LPC (ULaw Liverpool), just wondering did you apply for the LPC using LAWCAB?
The University of Law Students
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lawgal101)
Hi Emily,

I'm just about to apply for the LLM LPC (ULaw Liverpool), just wondering did you apply for the LPC using LAWCAB?
Hey,

Yeah I applied through LAWCAB! The application was really easy and I got an offer the following week so they seem to be quite fast. If you have any questions about studying in liverpool at Ulaw then let me know

Emily
Lawgal101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you!!
Last edited by Lawgal101; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.44%
I'm not sure (51)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (335)
29.67%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.01%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.36%

Watched Threads