CJStevens
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I've seen that medicine has it's own thread but couldn't find one for law, so here it is!
I'm going to list some questions as a template to start us all off:
1) what are your GCSEs?
2) what do you study at A-level and what are you predicted?
3) why law?
4) why at Cambridge?
5) do you know what college you want to apply to?
6) what have you done outside of your studies to make your application stronger?

Hopefully there will be a few of us to get involved!
Flakeeee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
1) 8,8,7,7,7,7,7,distinction and a 5.
2) law , history and psychology a level . I’m predicated all A’s but I’m hoping to get A* in law.
3) I really enjoy the alevel and I love watching documentaries surrounding our legal system and the issue within it . Also I love debating and like things to fair And just . (Only a couple of reasons but I could end up writing an essay why I love law).
4) why not? It’s one of the best universities in the world , with beautiful campuses and the law degree looks varied and interesting.
5)I’m thinking of Newham at the minute.
6) I am a student ambassador for law a level in my college, participated in debate club, gone on a work experience day, taken part in mooting and done an online workshop about careers into law.
CJStevens
Rep:
?
(Original post by Flakeeee)
Hi,
1) 8,8,7,7,7,7,7,distinction and a 5.
2) law , history and psychology a level . I’m predicated all A’s but I’m hoping to get A* in law.
3) I really enjoy the alevel and I love watching documentaries surrounding our legal system and the issue within it . Also I love debating and like things to fair And just . (Only a couple of reasons but I could end up writing an essay why I love law).
4) why not? It’s one of the best universities in the world , with beautiful campuses and the law degree looks varied and interesting.
5)I’m thinking of Newham at the minute.
6) I am a student ambassador for law a level in my college, participated in debate club, gone on a work experience day, taken part in mooting and done an online workshop about careers into law.
Wow, you're prepared then, huh? How do you feel about the application process that's looming ahead of us?!

Also, is there any particular aspect of law you're drawn to??
Flakeeee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CJStevens)
Wow, you're prepared then, huh? How do you feel about the application process that's looming ahead of us?!

Also, is there any particular aspect of law you're drawn to??
Hi, umm yeah I felt the need to do quite a lot of extracurricular to make up for my gcse grades as a lot of people usually have all 8/9’s.

The application process is kinda freaking me out ngl, it just seems very scary to make a ps with no help from my college atm . Though to be honest, I think the interview and Cambridge law test don’t seem to scary after doing some research around them.

Well from year 11, I always wanted to do criminal law but I’ve realised there are so many different types of law which are really interesting too. So I am still very drawn to criminal law but also international, human rights and immigration law now.
CJStevens
Rep:
?
1) 9,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,7,6
2) Law, English Lit, and Maths. Hopefully A*A*A*
3) I just find the processes of the law particularly fascinating.
4) why not? Cambridge is beautiful and one of the best law schools in the world!
5) Either Trinity, Christ's or Corpus
6) LOTS of reading, attending courses and programmes etc
Flakeeee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1) 9,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,7,6
2) Law, English Lit, and Maths. Hopefully A*A*A*
3) I just find the processes of the law particularly fascinating.
4) why not? Cambridge is beautiful and one of the best law schools in the world!
5) Either Trinity, Christ's or Corpus
6) LOTS of reading, attending courses and programmes etc
How do you find law alevel? I think it’s really interesting and definitely confirmed my belief that I want to do law in the future. Also , maths and English a bit of a mix. why did you chose to do them?
CJStevens
Rep:
?
(Original post by Flakeeee)
How do you find law alevel? I think it’s really interesting and definitely confirmed my belief that I want to do law in the future. Also , maths and English a bit of a mix. why did you chose to do them?
I really enjoy it! I'm the same as you!

I get this quite a lot haha, I chose English for obvious reasons relating to law, and maths just because I liked it. I have since realised how the skills in it can be applied to law though!
Omgcobbly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1)8,8,8,8,8,7,7,7,6,B
2) I'm doing Maths, History and Politics. Haven't got my predicted grades yet but probably A*AA
3) The law just fascinates me, I love films like legally blonde lol and although they're not all that accurate they still got me really interested. I also like the more humanitarian side of helping people get justice.
4) it has my favourite course, and I went on a trip there and loved the atmosphere. The tutorial things are also a pretty neat idea.
5) no idea, id just be happy to get in tbh
6) I'm doing an EPQ related to law, entered an essay competitions, an online course and over the summer I plan on doing a lot of reading
CJStevens
Rep:
?
(Original post by Omgcobbly)
1)8,8,8,8,8,7,7,7,6,B
2) I'm doing Maths, History and Politics. Haven't got my predicted grades yet but probably A*AA
3) The law just fascinates me, I love films like legally blonde lol and although they're not all that accurate they still got me really interested. I also like the more humanitarian side of helping people get justice.
4) it has my favourite course, and I went on a trip there and loved the atmosphere. The tutorial things are also a pretty neat idea.
5) no idea, id just be happy to get in tbh
6) I'm doing an EPQ related to law, entered an essay competitions, an online course and over the summer I plan on doing a lot of reading
That's great! Which essay comp(s) did you enter?
SamField17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your all gunna be great lawyers!
Omgcobbly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's great! Which essay comp(s) did you enter?
I entered the Robert walker prize last month and there's a John Locke institute one in July that I also want to do
CJStevens
Rep:
?
I entered the Robert walker prize last month and there's a John Locke institute one in July that I also want to do
I did the Robert Walker one too! How did you find it?
CJStevens
Rep:
?
Also, which John Locke one are you looking at doing?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1) 8888888766
2) Physics, History and Maths and I was predicted a AAA (but I don’t think I’ll get it tbh)
3) I just really enjoy it, especially reading about it and doing my own personal research on different areas
4) I’m not sure if I want to go to Cambridge but it is an option. I liked their teaching system and modules they offer
5) idk yet but trinity is one of them
6) Non-related law: I’ve done different types of volunteering. Related to law: I’ve done essay comps that I enjoyed but I don’t think I’ll do anymore because I don’t like any of the questions for the future ones; I’m doing an epq relating to law; I’ve read some books and I’m planning to read more; I’m currently doing a law programme from Durham.

How about you?
Omgcobbly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Robert Walker one had a really interesting question which was nice to research, and it was the first time I did a proper researched essay with footnotes and bibliography which was good to practice. How did yours go?
I'm torn between the racial discrimination and women rights questions for the John Locke essay
CJStevens
Rep:
?
The Robert Walker one had a really interesting question which was nice to research, and it was the first time I did a proper researched essay with footnotes and bibliography which was good to practice. How did yours go?
I'm torn between the racial discrimination and women rights questions for the John Locke essay
Yh, mine was the same! I did it in a day though because I didnt know about it until just before the deadline...
I think I'm probably going to do the women's rights one, I dont really know how I'd approach the others tbh
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yh, mine was the same! I did it in a day though because I didnt know about it until just before the deadline...
I think I'm probably going to do the women's rights one, I dont really know how I'd approach the others tbh
Haha this is a mood
CJStevens
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Haha this is a mood
Good practise for uni, I guess ahhahaha
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good practise for uni, I guess ahhahaha
Trueeee
Omgcobbly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I only had two days to write mine too bc I found out about it really late lol, glad it wasn't just me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads