MintKindred
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hey so with me going to sit gcse this Monday (well not anymore) I was thinking of what to do next September, when I’d usually be going back to school. I want to do a childcare apprenticeship, preferably level 3 but I don’t know how I can get to do that. All the apprenticeships I see for childcare say you already need a level 3. Any help? Also I watched a few YouTube videos and they all mention studying. Does that mean you have to do a levels also?
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
it might be worth doing a business apprenticeship in a nursery
MintKindred
Rep:
?
(Original post by holly6901)
it might be worth doing a business apprenticeship in a nursery
I did the Teens and Toddlers programme back in year 9 I believe. It was very fun, I enjoyed it so so much, which is why I want to do something in childcare. So, to get into that kind of thing which says it requires a level 3, how do I go about doing that? Getting the level 3?
MintKindred
Rep:
?
Also, to add to the studying part, what do they mean about that? Do they mean just that you're learning as you go about the job but they've worded it badly?
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by MintKindred)
I did the Teens and Toddlers programme back in year 9 I believe. It was very fun, I enjoyed it so so much, which is why I want to do something in childcare. So, to get into that kind of thing which says it requires a level 3, how do I go about doing that? Getting the level 3?
either a level 2 apprenticeship, A Levels or B-techs
MintKindred
Rep:
?
either a level 2 apprenticeship, A Levels or B-techs
So doing a level 2 apprenticeship will allow me to go on to a level 3, which will then mean I can go to any nursery job of a level 3 standard?
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
So doing a level 2 apprenticeship will allow me to go on to a level 3, which will then mean I can go to any nursery job of a level 3 standard?
yeah
MintKindred
Rep:
?
So, what’s the main differences between a level 2 and a level 3 apprenticeship in a nursery?
MintKindred
Rep:
?
yeah
Just doing quick research for myself, so getting GCSEs at level 4 above, level 5 etc can allow me to bypass doing the level 2, and going straight into a level 3?
Link: https://www.kidsallowed.com/blog/wha...pprenticeships
Quote: Level 3 Apprenticeships are the equivalent of two A Levels and require the apprentice to have GCSEs (particularly Maths and English Language) at Grade 4+ or to have completed the Level 2 pathway.
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Just doing quick research for myself, so getting GCSEs at level 4 above, level 5 etc can allow me to bypass doing the level 2, and going straight into a level 3?
Quote: Level 3 Apprenticeships are the equivalent of two A Levels and require the apprentice to have GCSEs (particularly Maths and English Language) at Grade 4+ or to have completed the Level 2 pathway.
yep I'm doing a higher apprenticeship in 2021 so feel free to ask
MintKindred
Rep:
?
yep I'm doing a higher apprenticeship in 2021 so feel free to ask
Great! I feel like I'm predicted a grade 4 at both English and Maths, so I'm able to do the Level 3 apprenticeship?
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Great! I feel like I'm predicted a grade 4 at both English and Maths, so I'm able to do the Level 3 apprenticeship?
that's brilliant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (197)
57.77%
I don't have everything I need (144)
42.23%

Watched Threads