The Student Room Group

Possibly getting a predicted grade ( Private candidates)

So after all this time my centre finally contacted me regarding providing grades for the summer sessions that were cancelled.

This is what they said:

" For those International AS and International A Level private candidates who have banked units covering at least 25% of the specification: we are working with Pearson to review the banked evidence available, to determine whether this is sufficient as the basis for our Centre Assessment Grades. We may not be able to provide a Centre Assessment Grade for every student, and this would need to be considered on an individual basis. We will share further details shortly, and please be aware that you will need to have your evidence of work available if requested. "

Now I did finish the whole As Level bio which technically means i finished about 50% of the whole A level.

However I was also entered for As level chemistry and As level math

I dont really understand the meaning of ''banked'' does it mean I must have sat the exams in some session or does it mean that I simply have to finish studying the units?

If not then it means that id have to defer math and chemistry since i never sat them right?

Also i didnt find this info in edexcels website which i found kind of weird , have any of you recieved a similar email?
Reply 1
Hi Anthony,

I was recently withdrawn from entries to a few subjects because I haven't completed my AS examinations prior to the cancellations. When they informed me about this, there is an email I received stating how staged/linear modules will be assessed. Maybe this is not applicable for all exam centres, but I hope this would be of a reference for you.

This is from British Council where I registered my CIE IALs with.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest