The Student Room Group

Is it normal to worry about pregnancy when you first start having sex?

I’m 25. Just started having sex. Waited till I met right person plus have always been scared of pregnancy. I am in the birth control implant and he usually wears condoms too for extra protection. He’s never *** inside me if not. How do I minimize this anxiety?? Most of my friends don’t even worry about it. They’ll skip a pill for example and not freak out. 😮😮
Original post by Candyaholic347
I’m 25. Just started having sex. Waited till I met right person plus have always been scared of pregnancy. I am in the birth control implant and he usually wears condoms too for extra protection. He’s never *** inside me if not. How do I minimize this anxiety?? Most of my friends don’t even worry about it. They’ll skip a pill for example and not freak out. 😮😮

I mean it's a sensible thing to be aware/conscious of, but actual anxiety is more unusual. Would it help to research the methods you're using and their efficacy? Perhaps it would be worth talking to your practice nurse about other options - maybe you would feel better if you physically took a pill every day for example? Could you also maybe add a note in your calendar to take a pregnancy test on a regular basis (maybe once a month or two?) I think it would be worth having a chat with them anyway about your anxiety.

Quick Reply

Latest