The Student Room Group

What is the deadline to apply Student Finance & Maintenance Loan?

Please can someone help me with what is the deadline for applying the student finance and the maintenance loan.

The UCAs deadline for firming university coices is June 18, ( approx 40 days left.)

As I have not decided which Uni to firm as much will depend, on what grades I achieve on the result day in August 2020, so I am in a perplex as to how the student application will work.

Might be I have to take a take a gap year, if I am a near miss from (AAA)
What will happen to the student finance application in that case?

I will be extremely thankful for clarification by any seniors
@SFE Isaac
@PQ

Thanks in advance
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by helpintransfer
Please can someone help me with what is the deadline for applying the student finance and the maintenance loan.

The UCAs deadline for firming university coices is June 18, ( approx 40 days left.)

As I have not decided which Uni to firm as much will depend, on what grades I achieve on the result day in August 2020, so I am in a perplex as to how the student application will work.

Might be I have to take a take a gap year, if I am a near miss from (AAA)
What will happen to the student finance application in that case?

I will be extremely thankful for clarification by any seniors
@SFE Isaac
@PQ

Thanks in advance

You don’t need to have picked a firm on ucas to apply for finance. Just apply for your most likely course and university at the moment. If that changes then you can update your application after the deadline.

I’m pretty sure the SFE login page says that before you login.
Original post by PQ
You don’t need to have picked a firm on ucas to apply for finance. Just apply for your most likely course and university at the moment. If that changes then you can update your application after the deadline.

I’m pretty sure the SFE login page says that before you login.

Extremely thankful for your reply @PQ

Sorry for bothering you again, hope you will not mind, so it means I need to apply before May 22 deadline and submit the application.

At the moment I am planning to firm Bio Med Course (SGUL - 3 Year Course),
If I get AAA I will take a gap year and will try my luck for A100 next year again

Please can you explain the will happen in case I take a gap year?
Original post by helpintransfer
Extremely thankful for your reply @PQ

Sorry for bothering you again, hope you will not mind, so it means I need to apply before May 22 deadline and submit the application.

At the moment I am planning to firm Bio Med Course (SGUL - 3 Year Course),
If I get AAA I will take a gap year and will try my luck for A100 next year again

Please can you explain the will happen in case I take a gap year?

If you want to be guaranteed payment at the start of the course in 2020 then you need to apply by the deadline.

If you miss the deadline then you risk getting paid late.

If you change your university then you can change that after the deadline.

If you don’t go to university then you can cancel and reapply for finance next year.
Thanks @PQ for clarification

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending