The Student Room Group

Do you think there will be more people going on gap years this year?

Because of Corona virus, I was wondering other people’s opinions on whether they think more people will be on gap years because of corona virus, or if there will be more people deciding not to do gap years because they won’t be able to travel or might struggle to get a job?
I think so, for a number of reasons. The restrictions won't have all been completely lifted, people may have anxieties about moving to some parts of the country, or those they could be sharing accommodation with, to think of three. I also think more people will want to re-sit an A level or two because they feel they could have gained a higher grade if it had been an exam in traditional circumstances.
Yeah I'd imagine it would be higher for a variety of reasons, risk, family & financial mostly I'd guess.

I'm not taking a gap but basically ending my studies at HND level, normally i'd proceed to Bsc 3rd year after summer but nah, not feeling it....either the idea of cross country travel or the idea of online only lessons. Given the huge shakeup of jobs and the misery to come i'd rather be out earning for now.
Yeah or definitely more people looking at retaking years or open university, I'm at university already and currently contemplating redoing my first year , don't get me wrong i have so far I have 70s even one 89 but during this I haven't had much access to work and have had people all speculating on things that means I'm probably not going to do well and for my own well-being I think redoing maybe best for me. I feel like many others will feel the same to block out all this or take a gap year .
I think more gap because of wanting the uni experience and not having the grades.
It could backfire though since competition could be much greater in 2021.
2020 might offer the chance of getting into a better uni than usual.

Quick Reply

Latest