English language, literature or combined A level?

Watch
Littlegeekgirl_
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
At my college they do English language a level, literature alevel and combined language and literature a level?
I’m not too sure what to pick, my other options will be sociology and either religious studies or politics. I want to study social policy at uni. Which english will be best for me? I love both but I don’t mind just doing one. Which one is harder/easier/ more respected/ more useful? Although no exams this year I am a grade 7 student for both language and literature at GCSE but don’t know which course would best suit me
Last edited by Littlegeekgirl_; 1 year ago
Littlegeekgirl_
Rep:
?
English literature- OCR
English language- AQA
English language and literature- AQA
apolaroidofus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lit is the most well respected (and is the only one of the three that is classed as a 'facilitating subject'. The RG have abolished this concept now but it's still best to take at least one 'facilitating subject' if you can!), especially for politics (which I assume you do mean and not policy?). English language is very different at A-level to GCSE - have a look at the specifications/some past papers and see what you think
Littlegeekgirl_
Rep:
?
(Original post by apolaroidofus)
Lit is the most well respected (and is the only one of the three that is classed as a 'facilitating subject'. The RG have abolished this concept now but it's still best to take at least one 'facilitating subject' if you can!), especially for politics (which I assume you do mean and not policy?). English language is very different at A-level to GCSE - have a look at the specifications/some past papers and see what you think
Ah okay,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (92)
57.86%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (18)
11.32%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (20)
12.58%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (11)
6.92%
I haven't started researching yet (9)
5.66%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.66%

Watched Threads