What constitutes 'London' according to The Student Finance?

Watch
Test71
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I live in Newham which is 'comfortably' considered London yet I know there are some areas which aren't depending on which institutions you ask. I heard that the Student Finance will consider any area as 'part of London' if it is located within a London borough. Is this true?

(This question sounds so stupid but in case you don't know, I'm being genuinely serious. TFL thinks Dartford is in London, whereas Post Office says it isn't. Ilford is considered part of London by BT, but then the next year it's considered to be part of Essex but on bank holiday it'll be considered part of Kent).
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is a postcode map advisors have access to, but for London rate it's the postcode of the university that they use to calculate it, is that more safely in London?
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is a postcode map advisors have access to, but for London rate it's the postcode of the university that they use to calculate it, is that more safely in London?

(Original post by Test71)
So I live in Newham which is 'comfortably' considered London yet I know there are some areas which aren't depending on which institutions you ask. I heard that the Student Finance will consider any area as 'part of London' if it is located within a London borough. Is this true?

(This question sounds so stupid but in case you don't know, I'm being genuinely serious. TFL thinks Dartford is in London, whereas Post Office says it isn't. Ilford is considered part of London by BT, but then the next year it's considered to be part of Essex but on bank holiday it'll be considered part of Kent).
Also to add, if you put London and they don't class it as London, they would just give you the 'outside London' rate anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
17.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32.79%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.84%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.1%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.64%

Watched Threads