The Student Room Group

Confused about Maintenance Loan and Bursary

I don't need the maintenance loan as I will be staying at home for university, however, I am eligible for the bursaries provided by unis. They state that in order to get a bursary I would need to have entered my household income data on my student finance application, but how would I do this if I don't want the maintenance loan? If I do apply for the maintenance loan so that I could get the bursary, how much should I borrow? I would want to keep the interest as low as possible. Thank you in advance!:h:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Rose_01
I don't need the maintenance loan as I will be staying at home for university, however, I am eligible for the bursaries provided by unis. They state that in order to get a bursary I would need to have entered my household income data on my student finance application, but how would I do this if I don't want the maintenance loan? If I do apply for the maintenance loan so that I could get the bursary, how much should I borrow? I would want to keep the interest as low as possible. Thank you in advance!:h:

Hi Rose, you can apply for £0 Maintenance Loan.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Rose, you can apply for £0 Maintenance Loan.
Thanks, Isaac

Hello Isaac, thank you for the response! How would I go about doing this? Would I type in the form that I want £0 in the maintenance loan section? I'm not really sure how to get the page for filling in the documents. Thank you again.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Rose_01
Hello Isaac, thank you for the response! How would I go about doing this? Would I type in the form that I want £0 in the maintenance loan section? I'm not really sure how to get the page for filling in the documents. Thank you again.

You're welcome :smile:

Online you can select to apply for a different figure and write 0. On the paper form you can just write 0 in the box.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
You're welcome :smile:

Online you can select to apply for a different figure and write 0. On the paper form you can just write 0 in the box.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you!
Reply 5
This isn't an option anymore. I can't put '0' in the correct box---I get an error message. Does this need to be fixed or is there a new procedure?
Original post by Art Sm
This isn't an option anymore. I can't put '0' in the correct box---I get an error message. Does this need to be fixed or is there a new procedure?

Make sure you are using a computer/laptop, also try using a different internet browser and clearing your cache before trying again. Let us know if you are still having issues.

Thanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending