The Student Room Group

Applying for student finance - (Setting up a student bank account)

I am trying to set up a student bank account so that I can apply for student finance before the deadline (22nd May I believe). So far I have set up a student finance England account. I chose to go with an HSBC student account and began to attempt to set one up. I then found out that you have to be over 18 to set one up but I won't be turning 18 until after the student finance deadline. This must be a problem for a lot of people so I assume I'm overlooking something. I will speak to the bank on the next working day but until then I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this/ knows the solution. TIA
Original post by n0elle
I am trying to set up a student bank account so that I can apply for student finance before the deadline (22nd May I believe). So far I have set up a student finance England account. I chose to go with an HSBC student account and began to attempt to set one up. I then found out that you have to be over 18 to set one up but I won't be turning 18 until after the student finance deadline. This must be a problem for a lot of people so I assume I'm overlooking something. I will speak to the bank on the next working day but until then I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this/ knows the solution. TIA

Set up student finance payments to an account you already own. You can make the student account at a later date and change the bank details on student finance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending